User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorro55 View Post
    Just saying shwintec systems can be easily damaged by low voltage, or get out of sync.
    The Schwintek system has had its share of issues; I know that low voltage is a concern, and batteries that are of poor condition or low may cause issues. This is more of an exception rather than the rule and the system will work just fine on batteries. This system also draws little current; especially when compared to hydraulic systems (50+ amps).

Lithium batteries tend to run at a bit higher voltage, and maintains the higher voltage through most of the discharge cycle (another plus for the lithium batteries when it's time to consider replacing yours).
    2018 Solitude 344gk
    2021 Ram 3500 SRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose having the coach plugged in ensures the battery has a full charge, further reducing the possibility of brownout damage. Or out-of-sync motors.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you safely use an adaptor for the home current? Just to run out the slides and cool down the refrigerator ??
    Yes, should not be a problem. Just do not run the microwave and ACs on a standard 110v plug. Slides work on the battery so that is no problem and the fridge works fine. The battery should be charged by the 110v power coming into the rig. I had Schwintec slides on my last camper and I plugged into a 15A plug for two years before installing a 30A plug during the 2016 flood. We pulled the slide in and out at home with no problem for years.
    Last edited by FreddieMac; 05-21-2021 at 12:15 PM.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main concern is running the refrigerator on the home current before leaving to camp.
    Why is that a concern? Many owners cool down the fridge before a trip by plugging in to AC power. It's made to run on either.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For power, 20a on the correct adapter works just fine. We will be going to a campground Memorial day weekend and will only have 20a. Done it for years on several rigs, including this one. I know how the electric runs were done in this CG and am not concerned, but we are careful what we run when. As for the slides. I don't know where the info came from but I almost never plug in to shore power before running the slides out anywhere we go. Once auto level is done my wife does the inside, which includes the slides. If we have full hookup, she does wait till I hook up the sewer before running out the bunkroom slide. Usually the last thing I do is hook up water, then the shoe power. I have found that it's a good thing to "exercise" the battery once in a while. Schwintec slide motors are, after all, DC - battery power...
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We leave our 2800BH plugged into a 15/20A circuit all the time when in the driveway. Keeps the fridge cold and I have the AC run intermittently to keep the moisture down inside when it gets sticky out. Have not had an issue in the 4+ weeks we have been doing it.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have plugged into the garage many time and had no issues including running the AC. After putting in my inverter I had an issue where the timing of the CFGI in the garage would trip when the inverter was switching. Once I plugged into a non CFGI plug I was good to go again.
    Imagine 2020 2670MK,
    2021 RAM 2500

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oui of sync

Just saying shwintec systems can be easily damaged by low voltage, or get out of sync.
    Out of sync is easily fixed. I doubt low voltage will make it out of sync. Usually is caused by operator error.
    Tim & Debra
    2015 RAM 3500, SRW, 4x4, 6.7, Air bags, 18k Demco Auto Slider
    2017 Grand Design Reflection 26RLS, 16" Goodyear Endurance Tires,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep ours plugged into a 20 amp outlet with a 50' 10 gauge cord. Easily runs the fridge and one AC (we don't run the AC often). We had issues with a smaller cord that was not rated at 20 amps but this has kept me from having to run 50 amp service to out RV shed.
    Evan & Mary
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 3000QB
    2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your refrigerator, microwave, and electric fireplace will run fine on 15 amp but for an added margin a 20 amp circuit is better. I am just wiring a new storage building we had built for our new Solitude 310GK. I’m running a 20 amp breaker, 12 GA wire, and 20 amp outlets to that building. However, we have been running all the appliances mentioned on a 15 amp circle from my garage with a 50’ 14 ga extension cord with no blown circuit breakers while I wired the building.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast