Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder if the dealer gains any benefit from GD by selling at a lower percentage off MSRP, but giving you more for the trade? My dealer near Louisville essentially did the same thing. I got $7,000 more than book value for the trade, but only around 15% off MSRP as well. At the end of the day, when I apply the $7,000 to the discount on the new RV instead of extra trade-in, I got like 26% off MSRP which I was pretty happy with in these times (deal was end of March, 2021).
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got 27% off of the 278bh. Can i ask why you are choosing the 268bh over the 278bh? Not because I think you shouldn’t, just because I like to hear the feedback of the models. We almost got a 268bh but went with a 278bh.
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 278BH (150)
    2022 Ford F-350 Lariat Godzilla SRW
    B&W Companion Ford OEM 20k with Turning Point

2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.4 gas (SOLD)
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 21BHE (SOLD)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought our first Imagine in 2019 and got right at 35% off at Sonny's RV in SC. We bought a 22rbe. Within the first year we knew we would upgrade to something bigger. Over the winter we started looking for a Imagine 2970RL. We had looked at these when we bought the 22 bout felt like it was just to much camper. This last winter you would be hard pressed to get much more than 20% off that model if you could even find one in stock. As many have mentioned until things get back to normal I don't think 35% is doable.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try Evan and son RV in Petersburg, IN. They are no bs and because rv’s have to be transported one at a time the closer the dealer is to the factory, they have less money into the unit. CA and states out west can’t discount as much as the ones near the factory.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope that you are comparing APPLES to APPLES. There are a lot of add-on on all rigs. Even though, we have a Momentum 381M, we learned with new friends who have the same RV their set up is a bit different.
    Good Luck and have a lot of FUN!!!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ordered our in Dec 2018 after I requested quotes from 20 dealers scattered around the eastern half of the US. I think a part of it was what options you're wanting and what stock a dealer has. In our case with heat pump, generator, dual pane windows that are factory installed nobody had that on the lot exactly the way we needed so ordering was the only way. All that considered I got my local dealer to match the lowest quote (he was close anyway and highly rated) I was able to get approx 26% <msrp if that helps.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just bought a new 2610ML and from the list price quoted we paid approx 26% less. After we were given that price we asked about trading our 5 yr old camper in and once we were given the price, we decided to sell it. We sold it in one day for 3100 more than the trade in offer.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I priced my 315RLTS online and requested a dealer contact me. The local dealer gave me a price about $10K under the price on the GD website and told me it was because I had been looking online and they wanted to get my business. We both were happy, I got a new trailer (cheaper than I had seen used ones online) and they got a sale. Look around. If you are willing to go aways to get one you might get a really good deal.
    TexSon
    San Antonio, Tx
    2021 Reflections 315RLTS
    2020 Silverado HD3500 Durmax

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilliams View Post
    Hi all, on the advice of many RV blogs and articles I've joined this forum to learn (and eventually) contribute about the Grand Design RVs.

I'm wanting to buy a 2021 Reflection 268BH. I've been talking to 3 or 4 dealers. I've seen multiple MSRPs hovering between 50K and 54k. I've also heard that in general one should be able to "negotiate" up 35% off that price.
    Is this a reasonable expectation? and (dumb question maybe) would that price be pre-tax/registration etc?

Any help is most appreciated and I'm looking to join the ranks of Actual owners soon.

Thanks,

Curtis
    MSRP* 2022 $51,845 268BH. I think the 2021 were still being outfitted with Westlake tires, so you are looking at $700 to change the tires. They now come with Goodyear Endurance tires. I just did an RV trader search and I see your exact unit for $47,176 listed. 50k to 54k to me that is too expensive given the maintenance and things you will encounter. Do not be afraid to drive to get the unit. I hear the prices kept going up and up. Now I am hearing people only getting 5% to 10% off the retail price. GD has some of the best quality on the market, but you will still have to spend money to maintain your trailer. That is too much.

I bought my RV (295rl) last year right after COVID hit (May of 2020) and things were still technically closed down. I got 32% off the MSRP for a 2020 Reflection 295rl. I got that because they did undervalue my trade a bit. But I was being hard about getting over 30% off the MSRP. I ended up about 2k upside-down on my trade which I just paid off. So, my 32% really was more like 28% off. MSRP on my GD was $53,000 and I paid around $35,000 for the unit. I was happy with the deal.

And that is the key. They made some money, I paid less money than I thought I would, both sides were happy with the deal. They have been a good dealer, they respond and help me all the time. If you are happy with your deal and dealer, then you will be happy with your trailer.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the replies. After some calls and discussions we made a deal for 268bh with ExploreUSA in Tyler, TX for just under 44. They were easy to deal with and I felt good about the deal considering the timing and the market.

We just got back from our first trip (2weeks). No issues - had a blast.

(Will post elsewhere too) We get back, park it, get it all hooked up and the awning won’t extend. Very strange.

Other than that, loving the rv life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast