User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Jim, your's was torn exactly like mine. BTW, my trailer is out of warranty but I called support and Jerry sent me 4 new D-seals within a week .... no charge.

I'm waiting to replace mine until I center my slide-outs. Oh, and for my shoulder to heal. Another 2 1/2 weeks in a sling
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul--arm in a sling ?....misfired opening a Corona or ? Jim--# 8 with an IPA.......now we are talking very good beverage......micro brew IPA's have quickly gotten to be choices for Carol and me......had a couple a bit earlier while grilling cajun chicken breasts.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    Paul--arm in a sling ?....misfired opening a Corona or ? Jim--# 8 with an IPA.......now we are talking very good beverage......micro brew IPA's have quickly gotten to be choices for Carol and me......had a couple a bit earlier while grilling cajun chicken breasts.

Dan
    Dan, not to hijack the thread, but if you can find the Deschutes Pinedrops IPA, get a sixer and let me know what you think. I found this one the other day in our local grocery store. It has quikly become one of my favorites. IBU 70, ABV 6.5%. Great hop flavor. Now, I need to go back to seals to make sure we stay on track. Do you think it's okay to feed bait to a seal?

Jim

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post

Dan
    Yeah. Surgery 2 1/2 weeks ago to repair a torn rotator cuff and some other stuff. 5 anchors holding it all together and in a sling for 6 weeks before I can even start PT! It sucks! !

Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Dan, not to hijack the thread, but if you can find the Deschutes Pinedrops IPA, get a sixer and let me know what you think. I found this one the other day in our local grocery store. It has quikly become one of my favorites. IBU 70, ABV 6.5%. Great hop flavor. Now, I need to go back to seals to make sure we stay on track. Do you think it's okay to feed bait to a seal?

Jim
    You crack me up On the beer note; I drink the Black Butte. It's always available in my bar.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim--Ok to feed the seal as long as you do so through the porthole in the kitchen area of which you "installed" !......ensure above water level when you toss out the bait or the water alarms in the basement will be going off !

Dan
    Dan & Carol

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While inspecting my slide seals today, I noticed some small holes in the corners. It appears to have been from the screws used to attach the slide frame trim which are only in the corners. The screws were cut off and the sharp edge that was left rubbed holes in the seals. Unfortunately, I didn't have the time to take any pictures. I put a dab of silicone over the screws to hopefully prevent further contact with the seals. I also covered the holes in the seals with silicone, not sure how long that will hold but at least a temporary fix. Has anyone else seen this?

Mike
    Mike

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike & Doris View Post
    While inspecting my slide seals today, I noticed some small holes in the corners. It appears to have been from the screws used to attach the slide frame trim which are only in the corners. The screws were cut off and the sharp edge that was left rubbed holes in the seals. Unfortunately, I didn't have the time to take any pictures. I put a dab of silicone over the screws to hopefully prevent further contact with the seals. I also covered the holes in the seals with silicone, not sure how long that will hold but at least a temporary fix. Has anyone else seen this?

Mike
    I noticed these sharp screws also. I very carefully filed them down the best I could until they were smooth. I think the silicone is a great idea.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jim
    Folks--sorry about a little hijacking of the thread but had to get back with Jim on an important matter.

Jim--several local outlets carry Pinedrops and it is very good.......thanks for the tip. One of our favorite local restaurants also had it on tap and that was outstanding as well. Here's to the three "G"s..... Great IPA, Great Grand Design RV, and Great forum folks !
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160808_193154.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	5247

Dan
    Dan & Carol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what do i ask for to order a new one

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the things I've noticed over the years is that if you need to make sure you have equal spacing on each side of the slide. Just yesterday, I noticed our living room slide was 1/2" closer to one side of the frame. The seal on that side was bent very sharp, and there was hardly any bend on the other side. It took just a couple of minutes to do an adjustment to the slide and now I have an equal distance between the openings. If you are seeing this on your slides, try adjusting the slide out. If you don't know how, drop me a line and I'll walk you through it.

Jim
    I think that slide adjustment is a huge issue in bulb seal failures. When bringing the slide in, the top should touch just before the bottom snugs...not 2 or 3 inches before. Many are adjusted incorrectly right from the factory.
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast