User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Battery cut off switch on Imagine trailers

Does the battery cutoff switch totally shut off the battery from all electrical draw?

My dealer said that when the red battery switch is turned off and the handle is removed the battery is completely disconnected from the trailer. I questioned that citing comments from an RV exec regarding code, but he insisted it worked the same as disconnecting a battery cable.

Does anyone know for sure? I'm not interested in running my battery down during storage. In my previous RVs I installed a separate cutoff switch at the battery.

Thanks to all.

Dave
    2022 Imagine 2670MK - ProPride - TV Ram 1500
    2018 Isata-3 24FW - Toad 2019 Wrangler 2.0 Turbo
    2015 Tiffin Allegro 36LA - Toad 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
    2011 Spree 323RLS, 2007 Zeppelin 281- TV Armada

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does work that way on my 2019 Momentum 351M. Only way to know if yours works that way is to check it. Anything else is just a guess. Even if someone
    else has one that totally disconnect, that's no guarantee that yours will. Very good indication, but stuff happens.

With the OEM battery disconnect turned to Off, I have 0.01 amp draw, as opposed to 2.2 amp draw with it turned to On.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some stuff on my 2600rb still runs with the switch off and removed. Such as the tongue jack. That is different from my last trailer.
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2600 RB
    TOW vehicle- 2023 Ram 2500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4.10 rear end, tow package with trailer blind spot and air suspension. Max payload- 2869

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClayInFl View Post
    Some stuff on my 2600rb still runs with the switch off and removed. Such as the tongue jack. That is different from my last trailer.
    But that isn't going to be a parasitic draw, so not a big deal. It's the stuff that's still pulling amps even when not being used that counts.
    Howard and Peggy

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was told the tongue jack and the three detectors remain connected. You can check that by testing smoke, CO2, and propane detectors. The tongue jack certainly remains connected.
    Dave and Cathy
    2017 Porsche Cayenne S
    2021 Imagine 17MKE

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the detectors are still active they will be a drain. The tongue jack won't be as long as you don't use it.
    Howard and Peggy

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never use the factory disconnect. I installed another one at the battery that disconnects everything.
    2019 F250 Lariat
    2020 Solitude S 2930RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never measured exactly what the draw is; but in the DISCONNECT position, I draw enough that two weeks in storage and my battery cannot provide enough juice to power my landing gear to get me hitched.

Bottom line; I had to put in a true disconnect to bring that draw to zero while in storage. Super easy (and pretty cheap) mod. I can't forget to turn it on so I can charge while traveling; no way for me to raise my front legs with it off.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 21bhe has no parasitic drain when the battery cutoff switch is off. It sits for weeks and still shows a full charge. That apparently is not the case for many/most GD models.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    If the detectors are still active they will be a drain. The tongue jack won't be as long as you don't use it.
    True, but I suspect it’s a minor drain since home detectors will run on a tiny 9V for a year or more. Mine seems to be fully charged after sitting for 6 weeks. Maybe it becomes a factor after a year or so.
    Dave and Cathy
    2017 Porsche Cayenne S
    2021 Imagine 17MKE

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast