User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bonus for those that have two grey tanks discharging out of the one tube. With having the Valterra gate valve leave both grey handles open and the gate valve closed. The grey tanks are at the same height so doing this they will equalize making one big tank.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the old one View Post
    Thanks inadvance for your help. Went to dump the tanks for the very first time. Handles in the nautilous system pushed all the way in.

When opening the cap to connect the hose lots of stuff came shooting out.

I will call Grand Design in the morning, still under warranty. Just thought I would check here to see if I'm doing something wrong.
    We have a 2021 381 M
    I put in a gate valve that eliminates that problem.
    2020 GD 31MB
    2012 Ford F-350 CC 6.7 Powerstroke
    Andersen Ultimate

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the same issue on our first trip. Don't think it was pressurized but it sure was surprising.
    Once back home I took it to the dealer for warranty repair. The fellow who did the work told me he found globs of excess PVC glue interfering with the black tank valve. It is now fixed. But this thread has reminded me to put on that Valterra valve. We head to Wyoming and Yellowstone next week.

Allen
    2020 Reflection 303RLS "Betty Roy"
    2023 Silverado 2500 HD, 6.6L Duramax " "
    1955 Ford F-100 "Nellie"
    2017 Great Dane mix "Nibbler", 2018 English Lab "Hamilton"

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have installed a valtera valve at the exit off the common pipe and avoid all problems

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a little late to do this now that you have had the event. But I recommend to anyone that has a new RV that they do this before they use it for real. Put plain water in all the tanks, a gallon or more in the black and the grey tanks. Use all the sinks and flush water down the toilet and run some down the shower drain. This will get water into all the P-traps to prevent odors when you use it for real.
    Now test the dump valves by going through the motions. You can either use your sewer hose for a complete test or a 5-gallon bucket. Either way, it's just plain water and you can use it to water the grass. So now if there are any "Surprises", you won't have a bio-hazard issue to deal with and you can simulate the process as many times as you want. Heck, train the whole family! ( and good luck with that!)

Better yet, do it at the dealer before you will accept the RV during the walk-through. If there is an issue they can fix it before you take delivery. It is a lot easier than scheduling a return visit.
    2021 Grand Design Imagine XLS17MKE
    TV: Ford 2wd 3.5 eco-boost 2020
    Florida Panhandle

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    A bonus for those that have two grey tanks discharging out of the one tube. With having the Valterra gate valve leave both grey handles open and the gate valve closed. The grey tanks are at the same height so doing this they will equalize making one big tank.
    That's a great tip for us newbies! Thanks

Rig: 2017 Reflection 367BHS
    Tow vehicle: 2020 F350 CC 6.7l Platinum SRW LB

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the old one View Post
    Thanks inadvance for your help. Went to dump the tanks for the very first time. Handles in the nautilous system pushed all the way in.

When opening the cap to connect the hose lots of stuff came shooting out.

I will call Grand Design in the morning, still under warranty. Just thought I would check here to see if I'm doing something wrong.
    We have a 2021 381 M
    I can tell you from my personal experiences with two different trailers that you most likely have not done anything wrong. What I have noticed is after dumping there is some water (slurry?) left in the pipe between the dump valves and termination cap that gets pressurized from heat and time as if all your seals are in good shape including the termination cap seal. I took my first trailer in for this and was told my tanks were dirty so they accordingly charged me one arm and half a leg to clean them. It did not work and I still had the problem. My work around and have had zero issues since is once you get back from dumping and park your trailer take the termination cap off again and let it the pipe air out for 3+ days depending on the environment you will get a watery surprise but after the pipe dries out and you put the cap back on it should not cause you further issues. If this does not help solve it than more than likely you have a leaky valve seal or someone has pulled and shut one of the valves at sometime without removing the cap. Just my 3 cents.
    2020 Reflection 303RLS
    2018 Ram 3500 4:10 w/Aisin tranny

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    This is the main reason I have the clear elbow installed on the sewer pipe. I can see if anything is there before removing the cap.
    Good insurance.
    Same here. It also helps me to see when I'm done emptying.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No matter what, those valves never seem to close. There is always a little extra that comes out. That is why I bought a booty juice preventor.

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-T58-...31038926&psc=1

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddieMac View Post
    a booty juice preventor.
    I was laughing so hard when I read that, that my wife thought I had finally gone nuts! Oh, thanks for that! Funny! Very funny!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast