User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replacement Sofas

I have a 2015 Solitude 379FL and the 80" trifold sofa's are in terrible shape. What can I replace them with?

Thank you,

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The RV trifold sofas are terrible to sit on, anyway. We have pulled them out of both of our rigs and put in real furniture. Recpro has a good assortment of RV furniture if that's what you want to go with.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is plenty of discussion on the great peel.
    Plenty of suggestions... Here's a bunch of threads/posts. On what others have done
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/thre...php?do=process
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at Recpro furniture and I am confused as what to replace the tri-fold sofa's with considering the elevated slide in my RV. Has anyone else replaced the sofa's in their RV with the elevated slide and what did you get?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The slight elevation doesn't matter. We replaced the recliners in our dining slide last year with a wallhugging leather recliner and it has worked out well.
    If you go residentil be sure it will fit through your door and into the trailer. The RV trifolds come in pieces and need assembly. The height comes into play if it is an emergency exit window and access is blocked.

We are still waiting for delivery from Lippert on a trifold, they stopped using the bonded leather and now use a heavy vynil with a 5 yr warranty . The trifold now is much firmer seat than the older style sofas and we took the gamble on it because we use the underneath for storing small items and did not want to loose the storage. Otherwise we'd of gone with another recliner.
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    The slight elevation doesn't matter. We replaced the recliners in our dining slide last year with a wallhugging leather recliner and it has worked out well.
    If you go residentil be sure it will fit through your door and into the trailer. The RV trifolds come in pieces and need assembly. The height comes into play if it is an emergency exit window and access is blocked.

We are still waiting for delivery from Lippert on a trifold, they stopped using the bonded leather and now use a heavy vynil with a 5 yr warranty . The trifold now is much firmer seat than the older style sofas and we took the gamble on it because we use the underneath for storing small items and did not want to loose the storage. Otherwise we'd of gone with another recliner.
    Following this now. Have not found a couch (residential) that is not too deep to fit in between the slides......let us know your thoughts.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    Following this now. Have not found a couch (residential) that is not too deep to fit in between the slides......let us know your thoughts.
    After a long long wait we finally got our furniture just before we left in Oct. So we have had it about 3 weeks. First impression and observations... the sofa is not as deep as the one we replaced so the slide does not rub on it. The seating is much firmer but not to firm and when I climb on it to look into the cabinets above I don't feel wood under my feet like I did with the old one. It appears to be durable, smooth texture in the darker brown and so far the dogs have been very successful in removing the cover I put on and have not scratched it yet. Time will tell for the durability
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second this question. I have been looking for a while and have not found anything. The issue on the 379FL is that the original sofa had a kickplate that overlapped the lower interior edge of the slide. Most sofas are 34 inches deep and the slide floor is 30.5 inches deep with a 7.5 inch height above the living room floor. There are 2 specific problems this creates. A standard depth sofa of 34 inches will not fit on the slide if it has legs and if you have a sleeper sofa how do you adjust for the 7.5 in drop to the floor when you open the bed? I have gone back to my original dealer to send the question to Grand Design for are replacement.
    Recpro is mentioned in a couple of posts as a possible replacement, but I called them, and they don't have anything that will work for those slides.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the same issue with the peeling bonded leather. I looked into RecPro and their offerings weren't exactly palatable to me - the sofa cushions would end up obstructing the back window, and commercial furniture was very iffy. Plus the sofa bed from RecPro is down right horrible. So I found someone about 1.5 hours away to reupholster the original furniture for me - it came out stunning. Used a PVC vinyl that is soft and supple and will hold up excellently in the heat when stored. Went with a lighter color which significantly brightened things up. If your in Florida, it's in Panoma Park, 17 miles south of Palatka. Feel free to PM me for the details. Oh and I should mention that the cost was about less than half of the cost of the RecPro stuff.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4766.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	46982Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4768.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	46983Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4767.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	46984Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4769.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	46985
    Last edited by FatTire; 06-22-2023 at 12:05 PM.
    2018 Reflection 303 RLS
    2018 Ram BigHorn 3500 CTD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks great and seeing your floor reminds me that I really need to get out the original shag carpet and upgrade to some LVP. I was having a hard time finding someone to re-upholster at a reasonable cost. We ended up ordering Thomas Payne 72" Jackknife sofas because our slide base is raised and needed the kick panel to offset. We found that we hardly ever used the tri-fold beds anyway and they were not very comfortable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast