User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interior rear bracket and missing screws

At the rear on the floor of my 337 RL, there is a bracket with multiple screws going into the back wall and the floor. This below the main back window where the sleeper sofa was until we removed it. The issue is that today I realized that over half of the screws are missing and the ones that are remaining feel super loose as if they have stripped through the wood. What does this bracket do and how can I repair the issue? Thanks. Also I have pictures but can’t seem to post them.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
    At the rear on the floor of my 337 RL, there is a bracket with multiple screws going into the back wall and the floor. This below the main back window where the sleeper sofa was until we removed it. The issue is that today I realized that over half of the screws are missing and the ones that are remaining feel super loose as if they have stripped through the wood. What does this bracket do and how can I repair the issue? Thanks. Also I have pictures but can’t seem to post them.
    If it's like my 320MKS, it serves as a channel for the rear laminate wall. The following is my hack for fixing the loose screw holes.

Get round, wooden, toothpicks, some Elmer's wood glue (any wood glue should work, I just trust Elmer's), and either a tongue depressor or an irrigation syringe.

1. Remove the L channel.
    2. Put the glue on the tip of the tongue depressor and shove as much glue in the first hole (or use the irrigation syringe to squirt it in).
    3. Put as many toothpicks as you can fit into the hole.
    4. With either your fingers or a hammer, snap the toothpicks off as close to the surface as possible. (You might need to add a little bit more glue after snapping off the toothpicks.)
    5. Repeat steps 2 and 4 until all the holes are filled.
    6. Give it 24 hours to dry.
    7. Inspect each hole and sand them smooth.
    8. Using a small drill bit, drill pilot holes with the L channel as a guide, and put the screws back in.

As a side note, this works great for wooden furniture as well.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's actually a key attachment point for the rear wall, which is hung (doesn't not sit on the trailer deck). You need not futz around with repairing the hole to accept a screw of same size here. Just go up one gauge size and install with a touch of epoxy on the threads to keep the new screws from vibrating loose. Some were lost on ours as well and noticed when we changed out the RV sleeper with a huge upgrade to a Euro-sleeper.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We fought this issue constantly with our 2016 Reflection 337. I finally settled on the approach @geotex1 recommends.

Now - I see you're new to the forum. Welcome! You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all. Yes, I have a 2016 Reflection 337. I will work on this the next couple days since it does seem important. My wife and I have been full timing since we bought the rig new in July of 2105. We just drove from WY to northern Minnesota and now down to Orlando area for the winter. Lots of bumpy roads and typical RV construction always equals issues.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few of us reported this happening years ago. We just this fall, tightened several screws again for the third time as I recall. We actually had a couple screws which broke off the head when we first posted on this a few years ago. The last two times none were broken just a few loose requiring the old glue and toothpick fix as shared.

It is a good opportunity to vacuum and clean behind the couch. A few flies, sawdust, pens, remotes, and goodness knows what else can be there !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I went and got a box of screws that were 10 gauge as opposed to the 8 gauge that was in there and screwed them in with some epoxy as recommended. I did all 12 that went into the back wall (all the original floor screws of the L bracket are snug and seem good). Of the 12 only 1 was still in there tight. Glad the wife noticed it before it became a major issue. Thanks again to everyone and I will go down the toothpick and wood glue route if this becomes an issue again or if needed somewhere else. Great to have this resource.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wish I had checked here when I first discovered the problem. I put the screws back in with some lok tight. After this last weekend camping I found f4 screws out on the floor in front of the couch. Unfortunately, one of them had rolled under the theater seat slide (2023 367BHS) and ended up putting a hole in the vinyl flooring. We put an area run down when camping so it will hide the hole but still depressing!
    Bill and Lisa
    Virginia Beach, Va
    2023 Reflection 367BHS
    2020 GMC 2500 Denali