User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Plugging in the Thomas Paine recliners

2017 Imagine 2670 MK.

The recliners use big step down plugs to power the lights/heat. They plug into a wall outlet behind the recliners, near the floor. Of course over the miles they have fallen out of the socket. Not a big deal, but on this current trip it would be nice to turn on the in-seat heat. But I can see no possible way to plug them in again. Little clearance to get to it from the top/back. Too far from the wall, and access is blocked anyway, to crawl under to get to the outlet that way.

Is there an easy way to remove a back or other part of the recliners to be able to accomplish the task? Or am I faced with trying to unbolt them from the floor?
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    2017 Imagine 2670 MK.

The recliners use big step down plugs to power the lights/heat. They plug into a wall outlet behind the recliners, near the floor. Of course over the miles they have fallen out of the socket. Not a big deal, but on this current trip it would be nice to turn on the in-seat heat. But I can see no possible way to plug them in again. Little clearance to get to it from the top/back. Too far from the wall, and access is blocked anyway, to crawl under to get to the outlet that way.

Is there an easy way to remove a back or other part of the recliners to be able to accomplish the task? Or am I faced with trying to unbolt them from the floor?
    They are not easy to separate reclining half like some home recliners. I had to "unbolt" mine and the reason I have unbolt in quotes is because on my 395MS-R it was literally a total of two deck screws holding them in place.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Texas.Yankee View Post
    They are not easy to separate reclining half like some home recliners. I had to "unbolt" mine and the reason I have unbolt in quotes is because on my 395MS-R it was literally a total of two deck screws holding them in place.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Same with mine. 2 short Phillips head drywall screws barely attaching the seats to the slide floor. Raise the foot rests, lie on the ground and feel for the screw heads on the front rail. They came out very easily.

Then the recliners can be pulled forward as a single unit.
    Last edited by Jerryr; 11-07-2021 at 06:48 AM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The backs of the recliners do remove just like low-end residential ones - not a lever to separate the hinge but push buttons. You need someone to pull up on the back while you push in the buttons/tabs. When you plug it back in, spread the prongs on the plugs a bit for a snugger fit into the receptacle.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    The backs of the recliners do remove just like low-end residential ones - not a lever to separate the hinge but push buttons. You need someone to pull up on the back while you push in the buttons/tabs. When you plug it back in, spread the prongs on the plugs a bit for a snugger fit into the receptacle.
    Most all recliners have removable backs. It's so they can get more stacked in a container or freight truck. I'm not sure what you consider low end but we've looked at $1000 each recliners that had removable backs.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    2017 Imagine 2670 MK.

Not sure if your recliners are the same as mine, but the middle section between the recliners pulls right out. No screws or fasteners. Makes access to the plugs easier.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3169.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	37589

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Reflection 311BHS / 16K Airborne Sidewinder
    TV: 2012 Ford F-350 King Ranch / Airlifter Ultimate 5000 air bags / 16K Curt Hitch

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    Most all recliners have removable backs. It's so they can get more stacked in a container or freight truck. I'm not sure what you consider low end but we've looked at $1000 each recliners that had removable backs.
    $1K retail is not much for a residential recliner. The average imported furniture is marked up 43-47% over build and freight cost. I have family that own a now 83 year-old furniture store. If the hinge on a recliner is made from stamped/folded sheet, it's considered low-end. Fabricated hinges are only found on the high-end.

Nothing at all about RV furniture in mass-produced campers is high-end... If you buy from one of the two premium furniture makers for RVs, you know the difference from feel, build, and extreme impact to your wallet.. Alas, this went sideways from the OP's ask.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DW1976 View Post
    Not sure if your recliners are the same as mine, but the middle section between the recliners pulls right out. No screws or fasteners. Makes access to the plugs easier.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3169.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	37589

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And that was the solution! Took a bit of muscle to pull it out, but the tab and slot arrangement means when it is needed to be done again, it will be a quick fix. Thank You!
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was able to reach the plugs by reclining the chair and reaching down between the chairs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the same setup, 2670MK with recliners. I got tired of plugging them in and now use a power strip with a flush mount plug and plugged each brick into the power strip. Not had an issue in last 15 trips. Hope it helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast