User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I wash also going to say check the rubber washer first. It might be as simple as that. Try using a different washer to see. Maybe add a second one.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    That's my first thought. Looks just like when the rubber washer is missing...
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alkbch View Post
    Hi everyone,

When hooking up my fresh water hose to the Nautilus system, there's a leak and a lot of water ends up on the ground. Has anyone faced this issue? If so, what can I do to fix it?

Attachment 37625
    As others have said, check and make sure the rubber washer is still inside the female fitting. I lose mine once and leaked like that. Ideally it should be a cone (screen) washer to catch any large debris before they can get into the valves, but any standard garden hose wash would work in a pinch.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you everyone for your help! I went back and checked the rubber washer, it was still in place with a little screen cone. I tried again with my spare hose, tightening the connection more and the leak disappeared; so the problem probably came from the fresh water hose. I will buy a new one and try again.
    2021 Momentum 395MS

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you everyone for your help! I went back and checked the rubber washer, it was still in place with a little screen cone. I tried again with my spare hose, tightening the connection more and the leak disappeared; so the problem probably came from the fresh water hose. I will buy a new one and try again.
    Try adding another washer. A tinner one if you have one.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recommend adding these to your nautilus to relieve strain from hose to inlet.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Degree-...08FX9MXFH&th=1
    Vivian
    2018 Reflection 303rls
    2018 Ford F-350 SRW Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachcamper View Post
    I recommend adding these to your nautilus to relieve strain from hose to inlet.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Degree-...08FX9MXFH&th=1
    That's a good recommendation. I am using a similar hose elbow, I had just taken it off to double check it did not cause the leak.

I hooked up the new hose and I no longer have a leak. So it was indeed my fresh water hose that caused the leak, and I am a bit disappointed that my Zero-G hose started leaking whereas I purchased it not even a year ago.
    2021 Momentum 395MS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carry extra hose washers and swap them if they leak. I look for packs that have both flat and o-ring washers. I use a Camco 90 degree fitting and a three foot long leader hose. That way I can remove the connection under the trailer before remove the service panel connection. I get way less mess that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Paul and Debbie
    Southern California
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2014 Ram 3500 Megacab SRW 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was really hesitant about screwing in a metal end hose into plastic fitting from the get go. I installed a 45 degree elbow which has a valve on it and then attached quick connect ends on that and also on the hose I use for water. I never have to screw anything on or off. I find the valve very useful for when I am emptying the black tank when I run water into the tank while watching what is coming out of it via my see through 4 inch drain hose connection. I use this technique along with the in tank sprayer, back and forth. It's amazing what additional amount of "stuff" comes out doing it this way.
    Brian and Lori
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so called pex connections on nautilus water manifold

These darn things are not built with any quality. The band clamps are a joke and can leak at any time plus there are rubber grommets on the compression fittings that can bugger up at any given time. You can find them at rv centers. I have replumbed my water lines with real pex Wirsbo and the shrink lock rings using the dewalt expandable pex tool. Most rv builders use inferior hoses that use the metal clamp that consistently does not seal properly. We have a 2019 gd 320mks, bought it used 13 months old. When we brought it home and connected it to the water source there she leaked like a siv. I went out and bought the metal crimping tool and crimps and it did not work, plus by moving the hoses around to make the repair I caused another leak. I took the metal tool back to the store for a refund and purchased wirsbo line and the dewalt tool. Redid every hose in the trailer, rerouted them and have not had an issue since. Part of owning an rv is maintenance at any given time. With all the china flu repair shops being to busy it becomes necessary to do your own repairs. Our fridge light burnt out, found out dometic does not sell the parts to repair it and only suggests we buy a new frige ($6500). Had to something so I bought a battery operated light that has motion detection. Found out later after taking it apart that the factory guy screwed a cover on putting a screw right thru the power wire to the light. Lucky for us dometic will install a new frige when I can take to an authorized dealer. Also had the microwave go out, was told I needed to purchase a new 1. But after reading about the failure, I was able to replace the fuse in it and all 3 micro switches in the door lock. Again dealer said no parts available for it only the fuse, glass plate and the ring it spins on. Saved $600 by repairing it myself. Also al 3 faucets were junk and we replaced them with real home versions, sinch to do.
    For the amount of money we all put out for these rv's, where's the quality.

PS good luck.

Hi everyone,

When hooking up my fresh water hose to the Nautilus system, there's a leak and a lot of water ends up on the ground. Has anyone faced this issue? If so, what can I do to fix it?

Attachment 37625

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water hose connections

The leak at the junction of the water hose to our trailer water connection has been a problem with every trailer we’ve owned. I carry rolls of teflon tape and wrap the threads of the metal hose end before connecting to the Nautilus system. I also wrap the threads at the water supply valve. At most I get a drip. It helps tremendously.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast