User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tank locations, 2670MK

Hi all, new member here, new owners of a 2022 2670MK.
    My question: Where can I find info on the tank locations? Fresh, both greys and black? I'm curious, because I would like to know where the tanks are in relation to the axles, thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy72vega View Post
    My question: Where can I find info on the tank locations? Fresh, both greys and black? I'm curious, because I would like to know where the tanks are in relation to the axles, thanks in advance.
    Can't give exact positioning, but on mine, pretty much where the dump handles/fresh water tank drain valve are located. I fought tongue weight/sway issues, which led me to do a bunch of weight/balance math (like done for aircraft), and using the distances from the axels to the valves/drain bore out the what the math said and the truck scales said, at least to a "good enough" approximation. Heck, I even weighed everything put in the trailer, and did the math for the general location it was stored. In the end, didn't find much to guide me on how to best store everything for a desired tongue weight, the moment arms for most just didn't make things change much. Except for the fresh water tank, which does have a greater effect, given the full weight and that is relatively further forward than most things. In the end, changing to 2 6v batteries way up front helped, and adding a very heavy ProPride hitch. Thought about cinder blocks in the pass through or strapped to the tongue, but the other party vetoed that idea......
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    Can't give exact positioning, but on mine, pretty much where the dump handles/fresh water tank drain valve are located. I fought tongue weight/sway issues, which led me to do a bunch of weight/balance math (like done for aircraft), and using the distances from the axels to the valves/drain bore out the what the math said and the truck scales said, at least to a "good enough" approximation. Heck, I even weighed everything put in the trailer, and did the math for the general location it was stored. In the end, didn't find much to guide me on how to best store everything for a desired tongue weight, the moment arms for most just didn't make things change much. Except for the fresh water tank, which does have a greater effect, given the full weight and that is relatively further forward than most things. In the end, changing to 2 6v batteries way up front helped, and adding a very heavy ProPride hitch. Thought about cinder blocks in the pass through or strapped to the tongue, but the other party vetoed that idea......
    I just bought the Blue Ox SwayPro 1000/15000 setup, I am going to install this weekend and see how it works. I have heard good things about it, hopefully it will be better than the round bar setup I have now (used the setup from our old trailer). I did relocate my spare to the front storage compartment and I have 2 house batteries up front for the solar setup. Also have front AC unit, hopefully that will help with the tongue loading. We usually don't travel with full tanks, but depending on the locations, I might consider having some water in the fresh tank, since it seems to be the farthest forward location.
    2022 2670MK, 2018 F150 XLT SC, 3.5l EcoBoost with Air Lift rear air springs and Bilstein 5100 shocks in rear

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try sending GD an email and include your VIN. Some members have been able to get a sort of build plan.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought the Blue Ox SwayPro 1000/15000 setup, I am going to install this weekend and see how it works. I have heard good things about it, hopefully it will be better than the round bar setup I have now (used the setup from our old trailer). I did relocate my spare to the front storage compartment and I have 2 house batteries up front for the solar setup. Also have front AC unit, hopefully that will help with the tongue loading. We usually don't travel with full tanks, but depending on the locations, I might consider having some water in the fresh tank, since it seems to be the farthest forward location.
    Here's a guy that tested 6 WDH's. You might want to send that BO back.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8eY-qbtuJU