User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Clay View Post
    Love’s usually has the best diesel price near our ranch. That’s where I buy fuel. When I opened the TSD app for the first time yesterday it showed a savings of 28 cents/gallon. That’s a savings of $20 per fill up for me. Not to shabby. None of our local grocery store or convenience store loyalty cards add up to anything near those savings.
    Right now, this very moment here in PA, the best TSD price within 10 miles of camp is $0.14/gallon higher than the standard price at Redner's right across the road from the campground entrance with separate big rig fueling Island and DEF at the pump...

Clearly some variation across the country, but truly TSD lost the luster.

Grocery loyal cards are not light players here... Thankfully!

Just trying to say to folks if you are aware of options, you can do better to feed the tow beast! The wholesale clubs carrying diesel are the best, especially if you have one of their credit cards and are close to one.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love’s usually has the best diesel price near our ranch. That’s where I buy fuel. When I opened the TSD app for the first time yesterday my local Love’s showed a savings of 28 cents/gallon. That’s a savings of $20 per fill up for me. Not too shabby. None of our local grocery store or convenience store loyalty cards add up to anything near those savings.
    I wish it was like that in Arizona. Right now the app shows the closest discounted gas to me is Love's in Casa Grande, AZ at $4.17 regular price, $3.89 discounted. The QuickTrip a couple minutes from that Loves' is $3.70. And they're 48 miles from where I am now. The Chevron about 15 minutes away is $3.89.

I'll pay a convenience premium for the truck lane sometimes, but from what I've seen over the last couple months, there is no considerable, if any, savings with the discount card. At least not where I am or have been lately.
    Jeff
    2021 30G Toy Hauler
    2021 RAM 2500 6.7L HD

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love’s usually has the best diesel price near our ranch. That’s where I buy fuel. When I opened the TSD app for the first time yesterday my local Love’s showed a savings of 28 cents/gallon. That’s a savings of $20 per fill up for me. Not too shabby. None of our local grocery store or convenience store loyalty cards add up to anything near those savings.
    Yep, Loves is standard .28 per gallon and TA and Metro will run from .40 to as much as .80 cents and I don't have to deal with google earth to figure out if we can fit or have someone park me in while fueling. I also don't have to go far from major highway to find a truck stop. If I could find cheaper at a regular station I like the easy in and easy out of truck stops and less chance of damage. Plus DEF at the pump.

Currently our Petro is 3.49 with a TSD price of 2.94. Gas buddy shows nothing below 3.00 with a 20 miles of the Petro. Our local Loves is .28 cents off but at 3.49 with TSD price is 3.13 and I can save a few cents drive a few extra miles and using a Quick Shop. Is it worth it - not to me.
    Last edited by CWSWine; 11-18-2021 at 07:57 AM.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Here in the Northeast, if you look closely you will find that the truck stops caught onto the private sector use (technically, abuse) of the program. For instance, everyone raves over the amount of savings at Love's... Truth be told I can go down the road to a Sheetz, put my 5er right under the camper, and fill up at not only the "discounted" TSD price at Love's, but I get my Sheetz member rewards ($0.04-0.10/gal) off and get credit card cash back (cannot with the TSD and CC use in most all States here). Oh, yeah, I can also use Weis points at Sheetz (local grocery store chain). So, my TSD card pretty much collects dust in my wallet now. Usually circumstance - oversold killing a good thing.

I found this to be true, Sheetz is cheaper, I cut my TSD card up. With the 48 gal main tank and the 63 gal aux. tank I wait to find the cheapest price on the road and fill up .

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TSD card is another tool in the tool chest, if I pull off and see across the street is cheaper I don't have to get from TSD station. I have seen in Limon Colorado a 1.01 off gallon at a TA. I get 7.5 miles per gallon so off the highway around 6 miles per gallon. If I have to drive 6 miles off the main highway for 12 miles(6 there and 6 back) that uses 2 gallons of fuel. If I find it .10 cheaper and burn a 2 gallons of fuel at 3.00 bucks a gallon it just cost me 6 bucks and if I get 60 gallons of fuel and save .10 cents a gallon the savings would be 6 bucks. We don't have a Sheetz and in my travels I have never seen one in the midwest. Going east I can save .7 cents at SAMs over TSD but it 8 miles off the highway LOL.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My SAMS Club ans Sheetz saves me more here in the Lehigh Valley.
    Once I am out of the area my TDS card is a good savings.
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I'm not towing, it's often not work the time and effort to drive to the truck stop. However, I recently did a couple 13hr days towing our Solitude. Even if I don't save money, I'm not wasting time trying to find a corner store where I can get in with a 40' trailer. I would pay more when towing for the privilege to use the truck stops. If I can save some money, which I often do, bonus!

FYI...I'm seeing around $2.97 at a couple stations in OKC today.
    2016 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
    2021 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3550BH

Camp Sites - https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...fw&usp=sharing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManageIT View Post
    If I'm not towing, it's often not work the time and effort to drive to the truck stop. However, I recently did a couple 13hr days towing our Solitude. Even if I don't save money, I'm not wasting time trying to find a corner store where I can get in with a 40' trailer. I would pay more when towing for the privilege to use the truck stops. If I can save some money, which I often do, bonus!

FYI...I'm seeing around $2.97 at a couple stations in OKC today.
    I agree completely. I don’t have my fifth wheel yet (due within a week) but I frequently pull gooseneck trailers. When I pull my 42’ hay trailer or my equipment trailer I fuel up at a rancher friendly truck stop in Bartlesville. They let us use the truck pumps and pay inside. I’m looking forward to receiving my fuel card so I’ll be able to fuel and go. Reducing the stress of getting fueled and back on the road without crunching anything is priceless.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D2DE2DDD-B479-4421-9B58-3F9ECFF2BE53.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	2.06 MB 
ID:	37793Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8BA9EE4E-4236-4E42-BF48-7367AC2A5D2A.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	37794Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3B5CA0C2-9083-4E88-8469-788BF7A12309.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	37795
    Last edited by Mike Clay; 11-19-2021 at 09:11 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out here in Oregon; fuel prices are almost double what they were a year ago. The cheapest station I could find was $3.67 a gallon. The TA is 10 miles away and $3.42.
    Convivence and what Mike said, is pretty important. KEN

Reducing the stress of getting fueled and back on the road without crunching anything is priceless.
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday, on way home, I saved 51 cents a gallon at TA truck stop Lake Park Ga.

Pump Price $3.75, My price $3.24

Right now, according to the app, all Loves are 28 cents off pump price.

Mike
    Last edited by Walaby; 11-20-2021 at 07:40 AM.
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast