User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will find the video if you need it but I would bet that I have a Lippert vid showing how to lube (with Powerlube containing PTFE) the gibs, but NOT the gear path.
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L,1823 payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you I would love to view the video
    2023 22 MLE
    Tow vehicle 2022 Tundra Platium Hybrid

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    I noted an interesting contradiction between Grand Design's owners manual and the Lippert online training course I took (suggested by someone else in the forum)... My owners manual says not to "overextend" the slide by holding the button to move the slide in or out past the point of stopping, or there is a risk of damage to trim, gears, etc. The training course explicitly instructs to hold the button for 5 seconds after the motor "amps out" (stops), to ensure the slide remains in alignment. I started doing that and noticed the slide doesn't jerk as much when moving in or out. Anyway, seems like there's contradictions all around regarding this stuff.
    Are you confusing the Schwintek system and the rack and pinion models? The former, one is suppose to keep pressing the in/out switch for 3-5 seconds after the slideout is fully extended or retracted to sync the two motors. The rank and pinion, one is to immediately let go of the switch when you hear the clutch start to slip.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by treichelt View Post
    In this video he is troubleshooting a schwintech slideout , removing the slideout motors etc.
    Really great to see how he does this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxEYSstvICI

This is a follow up video where he shows the components of the slideout H frame, how it works and if you need to remove it, how to, as well as where to lubricate and why.
    after all the opinions I have seen on the slideout lubrication , this makes a lot of sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQPIrVaSOlk

thought I would share this

Ted
    He hasn't had a new video out in 3 months. Hope everything is OK.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schiefswret View Post
    I will find the video if you need it but I would bet that I have a Lippert vid showing how to lube the gibs, but NOT the gear path.
    Your are correct. The text below this video https://store.lci1.com/blog/lubricat...ert-components states: "We’re lubricating two different parts here. The first part we’re lubing is called the gib. The gib is what this bearing block is riding on. We have contact there, so we want to make sure that we get good lubrication there. We’re also moving the coupler. The coupler rides inside this bearing block, and it’s this round piece right in here."

Also:
    The CRC Power Lube with PTFE is not a dry lubricant and does not claim to be as it also has oils which attract contaminates. http://www1.mscdirect.com/MSDS/MSDS0...6-20180824.PDF

The fit between gears and rack (rails) is very close so contaminates can cause binding. A master tech said that regular grease (no one is recommending this) is thick enough to cause binding and to not put anything on the rack but keep it very clean.

For those who have had problems with slide movement and used a lubricant, I wonder if just adding lubricant as stated above would produce the desired results.
    Last edited by TimtheToolMan; 10-16-2021 at 10:23 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slide troubleshooting states:

Debris In the Rack
    Check the sides of the slide room for any dirt or debris. Small dirt clumps or metal shavings can cause the
    spur gear to bind up and stop the movement of the slide-out. Use compressed air or a dry brush to remove
    any dirt or debris from the rack before attempting to actuate the system again.

Nothing mentioned about lubricating parts...

See page 11 https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0001769.pdf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suffered for a year with my new TT and it's Schwintek slide before finally finding a competent shop who quickly diagnosed the problem (which was being out of sync 90% of the time) as a uninsulated wire from one of the motors to the controller - a manufacture failure. But, what I want to share is an app you should down load from Lippert called, "Lippert NOW". The service manager at the shop told me about it, and they use it to look up all kinds of info. I found it for free in the app store and it contains all their products, support videos, support documentation and chat function all in one place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've watched several videos about the Schwintek system. I think it is a neat idea, provided that it consistently works. Mine doesn't. I've had it in the shop a couple of times with the last time stating that I had a bad battery. Fair enough. I bought a LiPO4 battery and all was good for awhile. Now I'm back at the same issue which is the bedroom slide looses sync timing if not operated frequently. The forward motor is the the problem child so the slide out will begin to come out uneven. I've performed the repetitive open and close 3x several times on the retracted side. What ultimately seems to work for my unit is to slowly extend the slide. To do this, I extend until it stops, engage the motors only enough to turn them on in the retract position then extend again. Repeat until one side is fully extended then continue until the forward side of the slide is fully extended. THEN I can do the 3x retract and extend and it seems to hold the sync timing. Took almost a year of playing with it and a bunch of frustration to figure out this method.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevensurbrook View Post
    I've watched several videos about the Schwintek system. I think it is a neat idea, provided that it consistently works. Mine doesn't. I've had it in the shop a couple of times with the last time stating that I had a bad battery. Fair enough. I bought a LiPO4 battery and all was good for awhile. Now I'm back at the same issue which is the bedroom slide looses sync timing if not operated frequently. The forward motor is the the problem child so the slide out will begin to come out uneven. I've performed the repetitive open and close 3x several times on the retracted side. What ultimately seems to work for my unit is to slowly extend the slide. To do this, I extend until it stops, engage the motors only enough to turn them on in the retract position then extend again. Repeat until one side is fully extended then continue until the forward side of the slide is fully extended. THEN I can do the 3x retract and extend and it seems to hold the sync timing. Took almost a year of playing with it and a bunch of frustration to figure out this method.
    Lippert has online training available https://lippert.thinkific.com/ for their products including the Schwintek system. One thing that I've learned is that the Grand Design owners manual (at least the one I received) appears to misinform users on the slide out. My manual indicates that you should only hold the button until the slide is extended or retracted and holding the button too long can cause damage to the system. Lippert explicitly instructs to hold the button for a count of 5 after the motor stops (or what they call "amps out"). Doing this keeps the slide motors in synch. My slide was always jerky/jittery until I started to follow the Lippert instructions, it has since been very smooth when extending and retracting. Not sure if it would help you, but might be worth checking out.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    Are you confusing the Schwintek system and the rack and pinion models? The former, one is suppose to keep pressing the in/out switch for 3-5 seconds after the slideout is fully extended or retracted to sync the two motors. The rank and pinion, one is to immediately let go of the switch when you hear the clutch start to slip.
    Just saw this post. No confusion. Check out the Lippert Training available online...https://lippert.thinkific.com/ it is very explicit about how to extend and retract the Schwintek systems. You hold for a count of 5 after the motors stop (or what they call "amps out").
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast