Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by colo native View Post
    Thanks looking forward to there answer.
    Just noticed I never replied with an update on our slide seals, whoops! Anyways, yes we had our bulb and wiper seals replaced by the dealer and they said it was due to them being installed too close to the slide track. Looking at the repair, it looks like the unscrewed the seal track from the fiberglass and installed the new one slightly away from the slide exterior wall. Hope that helps. Have you made any progress on your seals?
    2019 Imagine 2400bh
    2019 f150 XLT Crew, 6.5' box, 3.55 ratio

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim2542 View Post
    GD has 4~5 field service guys they go all over the country with a full service rig
    I've heard this mentioned. I've never seen it on their website which would be a selling point. I've never heard anyone at GD or the dealer mention it. So they go around adjusting slides? I guess they do other tasks as well. Wish I would have had a telephone # for that, maybe I could have saved a couple hundred in trips back to the dealer.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot I started this, I replaced the seals and adjusted the slides and it still doing it to the top of the seal. I am of course out of warranty and I did contact GD and they said no help coming I would have to pay for it to be fixed. As I stated before the top is tight and the bottom is 1" or so out from the side wall and without pulling everything apart I am at a loss. I am trying to sell this so I need to get it resolved, the closet Dealer said since I didn't buy it from them I would be put to the back of the line and that means 5-6 months out if I am lucky. Did the moving the seals help or is it to early to tell?
    Last edited by colo native; 05-02-2020 at 10:20 AM.
    2015 F250 CC SB 4x4 6.7 PSD
    2018 315 RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by colo native View Post
    I forgot I started this, I replaced the seals and adjusted the slides and it still doing it to the top of the seal. I am of course out of warranty and I did contact GD and they said no help coming I would have to pay for it to be fixed. As I stated before the top is tight and the bottom is 1" or so out from the side wall and without pulling everything apart I am at a loss. I am trying to sell this so I need to get it resolved, the closet Dealer said since I didn't buy it from them I would be put to the back of the line and that means 5-6 months out if I am lucky. Did the moving the seals help or is it to early to tell?
    I would say too early to tell since I had the vertical bulb seals and wipers replaced just before winter and yesterday was the first time I had the slide out since. I looked and so far I don't see any tears from the rails that engage with the motor, but time will tell.
    2019 Imagine 2400bh
    2019 f150 XLT Crew, 6.5' box, 3.55 ratio

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123