Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got water inside 2018 2800bh

We had our first rain over here in Cali and I checked the trailer just to be safe and noticed water on top of the slide which was pulled in all the way in the trailer. It started to drip down into the bedroom. I'll attach some pictures. What do I need to do to prevent it in the future? It seems that the slide is not making a tight connection to the trailer (the slide is pulled all the way in ) Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0110.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	30741Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0108.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	30742Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0105.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	30743

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bucilini View Post
    We had our first rain over here in Cali and I checked the trailer just to be safe and noticed water on top of the slide which was pulled in all the way in the trailer. It started to drip down into the bedroom. I'll attach some pictures. What do I need to do to prevent it in the future? It seems that the slide is not making a tight connection to the trailer (the slide is pulled all the way in ) Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0110.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	30741Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0108.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	30742Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0105.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	30743
    I would start by looking at the slide seal assembly on the top of the exterior portion of the slide. For that system to keep water out, four things in my mind need to happen:
    1) The bulb seal needs to be in good condition and not be torn or have holes it in,
    2) The slide bulb seal needs to be compressed by the opposing slide trim to ensure it is forming a seal,
    3) The bulb seal needs to be attached to the track behind it, and
    4) The track needs to be sealed to the fiberglass

My thoughts on checking those each of those three elements:
    1) Do a visual inspection on the bulb seal, make sure it looks okay.
    2) I've read a trick to put a piece of paper between the bulb seal and the trim, and close the slide to 'pinch' the paper between those two parts and try pulling the paper out. If it is difficult to pull out, you know there is good contact, otherwise there is a gap.
    3) I would say open the slide and check that the bulb seal is properly grasping the trim / track piece, and that the bulb seal is not hanging loose or anything
    4) Verify there is a good seal between the fiberglass and the trim track that attaches to the bulb seal

I would also check the trailer roof itself, making sure water was not getting in there and eventually dripping on the slide roof when the slide is retracted. Although looking at your interior picture, it certainly looks like water is coming in three spots on the slide roof, so that case feels less likely. I would say to check the two ends of the top bulb seal, and make sure everything is properly sealed.

Good luck with the hunting, and let us know what you find out.
    2019 Imagine 2400bh
    2019 f150 XLT Crew, 6.5' box, 3.55 ratio

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Schwintek slide mechanism on it? If so, when closed is the top closer to the trailer wall than the bottom? If not, check the rails for signs of wear.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a similar problem. Check the caulking/sealant on the top gasket. During installation, missed about a foot.