User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsnelsonlv View Post
    Yes, just to clarify, what I found through my search is the main wires to all of the lighting comes from the front "garage" /Storage area behind the panels. You do not need to open this panel, just sharing with where things start from. The key is to splice this switch on the first hockey puck light in the series of lights. Our first light is right outside the bedroom next to the bath, I simply pulled the light down and spliced into the wires. The cool thing is the Compass still works as does the main ceiling light switch.
    This is awesome information! Thanks so much for sharing. It's a big help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same problem, on the 2021 GD the standard dimmer switch that you find on youtube and Amazon will not work. You need a PVM switch, here is link to the one we purchased for our GD Reflection 297RSTS TT. We taped into the wire on the first LED near the bedroom (Front of the Trailer) this is where the first LED wiring starts. Spliced this wireless switch in line and it worked perfectly. Now we have a wireless dimmer for our living room. I have not done this for the awning yet, next project

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Thank you so much. This worked great. Now to get awing lights dimmed.
    2018 imagine 2970 RL pull with a 2012 Chevy Duramax 3500 srw[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] And now a Reflection 315 RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So can you place this on the output side of the switch on the panel? I just ordered on but was thinking of trying it that way for the awning and ceiling lights.
    2017 Grand Design 2800BH
    2014 Ram 2500 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the 2017 you might want to use the other dimmer switch many here have spoken about. Not sure how this switch on your rig.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same problem, on the 2021 GD the standard dimmer switch that you find on youtube and Amazon will not work. You need a PVM switch, here is link to the one we purchased for our GD Reflection 297RSTS TT. We taped into the wire on the first LED near the bedroom (Front of the Trailer) this is where the first LED wiring starts. Spliced this wireless switch in line and it worked perfectly. Now we have a wireless dimmer for our living room. I have not done this for the awning yet, next project

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Thank you. I know this is 3 months old, but I was able to install dimmers in our new 315rlts following this thread.
    2018 imagine 2970 RL pull with a 2012 Chevy Duramax 3500 srw[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] And now a Reflection 315 RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riley 1841 View Post
    Thank you so much. This worked great. Now to get awing lights dimmed.
    Easy way to do this is to use same kind of remote dimmer, wired into the awning light wire at the one connect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy way to do this is to use same kind of remote dimmer, wired into the awning light wire at the one connect.
    Thanks Riley, glad it worked, I would like to know more how you wired up the awning, not sure what you mean at the one connect?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Riley, glad it worked, I would like to know more how you wired up the awning, not sure what you mean at the one connect?
    Here you go. On my trailer the One Connect board is located behind panel in curb side pass thru, first picture. Second picture is what it looks like. Third is a over view of the wires needed. The fourth and fifth is the grounds, the two with one small gray is the outlet ground. The three white with one gray is the inlet from the one connect. The yellow and gray is power from the one connect. The two brown with white stripe is the outlet to the awnings. It is hard to see the white stripe in the picture, there is a gray wire with the browns is the outlet to the awnings. On a side note this is where you could separate the awning lights if you wanted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20210821_072542.jpg   20210821_072441.jpg   20210821_071014.jpg   20210821_070815.jpg   20210821_072619.jpg  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had to break pictures up here are the last two. Sorry they are not in order,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20210821_072619.jpg   20210821_072603.jpg  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here you go. On my trailer the One Connect board is located behind panel in curb side pass thru, first picture. Second picture is what it looks like. Third is a over view of the wires needed. The fourth and fifth is the grounds, the two with one small gray is the outlet ground. The three white with one gray is the inlet from the one connect. The yellow and gray is power from the one connect. The two brown with white stripe is the outlet to the awnings. It is hard to see the white stripe in the picture, there is a gray wire with the browns is the outlet to the awnings. On a side note this is where you could separate the awning lights if you wanted.
    Thanks Riley, this is AWESOME! this should also allow me to put a dimmer on our front cap lights. I really appreciate you taking the time to share the photos and explanation.
    Bob

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast