User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please just make sure if you ever sell this unit, you either remove this setup or label, explain and leave directions for future owners. RV Electricity already confuses a lot of RV owners and then if you throw something not designed for an RV in there it can turn deadly for someone who doesn't realize it is different. I promise I'm not trying to be a Karen here, just trying to look out for the next person.
    Hope it works out for you, I'm curious to see if it will work out without any issue.
    Former 2022 Solitude 310GKR w/8K axles & disc brakes, factory solar
    Formerly 2019 Reflection 230RL, 2019 Reflection 320MKS, and 2015 Outback Terrain 230TRS

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pawsitivedivetraining View Post
    Please just make sure if you ever sell this unit, you either remove this setup or label, explain and leave directions for future owners. RV Electricity already confuses a lot of RV owners and then if you throw something not designed for an RV in there it can turn deadly for someone who doesn't realize it is different. I promise I'm not trying to be a Karen here, just trying to look out for the next person.
    Hope it works out for you, I'm curious to see if it will work out without any issue.
    No "Karen" advice.....what you stated is is 100% great advice! Thanks for adding that in.....hat's off to you.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pawsitivedivetraining View Post
    Please just make sure if you ever sell this unit, you either remove this setup or label, explain and leave directions for future owners.
    100% agreed. I keep detailed logs of every maintenance action or change I do to the truck/rv and I'll keep the original breaker for if they want it put back to factory.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxBraap View Post
    I was pondering weather to put a strip of aluminum across or just screws and washers since there's only 2 in the crossmembers before the cut and there's going to be about 12-18 afterwards. I got some of the silicone cut away today. The cloroplast is sealed up everywhere with black silicone nicely but it does seem to have less screws than ideal.

How much of a headache is the insulation above it going to be? I can tell it isn't attached to the cloroplast but I assume it's going to fall down with it and be a joy.
    Yes it is going to fall, and is pretty much impossible to get back in place...The frame was upsidedown when the factory put it in, so gravity helped the factory worker. It will work agains you.
    HEALTH WARNING!!
    WEAR PPE!!!! Insulation fibers will be in the air everywhere, DO NOT breath it in! Do NOT get it in your eyes! Normal eye protection will not work. I used a full face respirator with PM 100 filters. Also protect your skin.Home Depot sells disposable full body suits made for this. Or use old no hole clothes that you are OK with trashing. Any exposed skin will be trouble. Use leather gloves. I decided in advance That I was not going to put that stuff back in. I suited up once, and took it all out. Sealed it up in large cardboard boxes for disposal. I then installed polyisocronate rigid insulation custom cut to fit. 1" =R6.5. I have at least two layers everywhere.. (TIP: use a straight edge and a razor knife to cut it) basically I put as much in as would fit. No fibers in the air with this stuff! And it will not absorb water! any future water leaks will be MUCH eaiser to deal with. It will go up in small easily removable sections. secured by several methods press fit screws /fender washers etc..( adhesive caulk inside the frame rails) Then I covered it up with small sections of coroplast no more than 6' long with more screws and fender washers. I really could only use straight pieces of lattice molding in 2 locations due to the fact that GD was sloppy installing the tanks. They all hung below the frame and they just stretched the coroplast over them. That is what accounts for the waves in it. I briefly considered remounting the tanks properly, but discarded that thought. The remounting would not be too hard except all of the pumbing that attached to them would need to be redone. That would stretch the project out by monthes and require much more disasembly from above, The way GD did it had one advantage. The tanks had more slope so they drain better.
    I used polyurethane roofing caulk to seal up joints etc. That stuff is easy to work with upside down. The end result doesn't look too bad. It is far better insulated and I can just remove whatever section I need to for maintainence
    Last edited by huntindog; 07-09-2022 at 05:19 AM.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was pondering weather to put a strip of aluminum across or just screws and washers since there's only 2 in the crossmembers before the cut and there's going to be about 12-18 afterwards. I got some of the silicone cut away today. The cloroplast is sealed up everywhere with black silicone nicely but it does seem to have less screws than ideal.

How much of a headache is the insulation above it going to be? I can tell it isn't attached to the cloroplast but I assume it's going to fall down with it and be a joy.
    If I were doing what you planned, I would go for the aluminum strip. Good advice above about the insulation. On my 399, there was reflectix sitting on the coroplast and rock wool insulation stuffed up above, some fell down and some didnt. I had to replace a bunch due to a leaking tank valve and replaced it with foam board insulation, much easier to work with if you can get it to fit. I made some supports for it so it wasnt sitting directly on the coroplast.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100% agreed. I keep detailed logs of every maintenance action or change I do to the truck/rv and I'll keep the original breaker for if they want it put back to factory.
    @FoxBraap

Any update on your dryer outlet install?

Jerry
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Jerryr
    I got the "lift" completed for holding the underbelly in place while I remove the hardware, Hopefully makes it easy. This heat and other things have slowed me down but I'll be sure to take more photos as I go. I'm going to get the drill attachment for the scissor jacks also.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20220809_192703.jpg  
    U.S. Air Force Retired
    2022 F450 Lariat
    2022 Momemtum 395MS
    Full timing

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567