Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Second Chance.
    Thanks I will work on that when I get home to my computer. It’s tough when I’m doing it from my phone on the road.

@jkwilson What kind of adapter. I have been searching the net for days.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bukrub View Post
    Yes it’s a Chevy 3500 HD
    Your truck has a pulse width modulation in the light circuit. If you are electronically adept, you can solve the issue yourself a couple of ways. If not, Furrion has made an expensive plug in adapter that you can use. While on the road, just power the cameras direct from the house battery.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Second Chance.
    Thanks I will work on that when I get home to my computer. It’s tough when I’m doing it from my phone on the road.

@jkwilson What kind of adapter. I have been searching the net for days.
    https://www.etrailer.com/p-FR87PR.html
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    Ouch!

I run this on our Haloview system. We only have the rear camera.

https://www.amazon.com/Haloview-BST1...429508&sr=8-53
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Furrion will solve the OP's issue. The Haloview will not. The OP has installed rear and side marker cameras. The Haloview unit is a per camera solution where the Furrion is altering the entire parking lamp circuit to the trailer. The new model of the Furrion is $50-60, but good luck finding it! I haven't pulled the new one apart to see what they did, but there are a couple of approaches to deal with PWM leveling.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    The Furrion will solve the OP's issue. The Haloview will not. The OP has installed rear and side marker cameras. The Haloview unit is a per camera solution where the Furrion is altering the entire parking lamp circuit to the trailer. The new model of the Furrion is $50-60, but good luck finding it! I haven't pulled the new one apart to see what they did, but there are a couple of approaches to deal with PWM leveling.
    I’ve looked at several options and think the Furrion is the best option. Gonna order it as soon as I find a more long term spot. I’m here on the daily for now and don’t want to have anything shipped here. ETrailer has them in stock. Fortunately we won’t be moving any distance for 3 months, so I have time. I’m just glad to learn I didn’t do something wrong. Haloviews customer service sucks. No phone number to call and customer service won’t return emails.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve looked at several options and think the Furrion is the best option. Gonna order it as soon as I find a more long term spot. I’m here on the daily for now and don’t want to have anything shipped here. ETrailer has them in stock. Fortunately we won’t be moving any distance for 3 months, so I have time. I’m just glad to learn I didn’t do something wrong. Haloviews customer service sucks. No phone number to call and customer service won’t return emails.
    You can call Furrion and see when they're getting a shipment in of new version (all made in Asia). They should be able to tell you because they are also sold direct through LCI, which will be best price point.

Haloview only communicates through email so that is a real PITA if they're ignoring your queries. They have some good technical folks but you have to bear the language barrier... They just weren't aligned for my need and look, personally, back when I was shopping. The Furrion system has been flawless for me, but am disappointed that the RV surge and pandemic overall sort of stopped their development on the Vision line. They had solutions in the planning to solve the complaints I have, which are just with the display not being able to show as I want and no ability to record of pipe the video out to a recorder. The Vision system is touted for security too, and it's used to monitor around the rig, but we have migrated to Blink for recording after having thefts from our campsites back-to-back.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @geotex1. That’s funny, I have 5 blink cameras that I had around my home set up all around my RV. Not sure why I got the camera system in the first place. I’ve been a truck driver for years. Driveling and backing this thing is zero issue. I got it, I want it to work.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently purchased the above with the side cameras and installed it on my Solitude. When I hooked everything up I tested the system by running a jumper from my charge pin in the pigtail to the running lights. Everything ran great. When I hit the road, and hooked it up to my truck, no cameras are detected. The running lites all run fine, but none of my cameras work. If I jumper the pig tail everything still works great. I have run a test light to all the pins, even though I already knew it had power because the lights are working. Im dumbfounded and of course Haloview has no phone number and won’t respond to emails. Has anyone run into this problem, or know what I’m doing wrong because I’m certain it is something simple.
    You don't have your tow vehicle listed or mentioned. As you seem to confirm the cameras are powered by the running light circuit when on the road yet you test with charging circuit. Some trucks ( GM ) are known to interfere with cameras powered by the running lights. A google search will enlighten you and you'll see you are not the first. I ran into this with my neighbors Silverado and a Haloview camera (BTW it's not only Haloview affected ). Furrion makes an expensive device that plugs at the 7 pin connector. The one he got had a fault of it's own and didn't work. Haloview makes a smaller discrete plug in device that is much less costly.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently purchased the above with the side cameras and installed it on my Solitude. When I hooked everything up I tested the system by running a jumper from my charge pin in the pigtail to the running lights. Everything ran great. When I hit the road, and hooked it up to my truck, no cameras are detected. The running lites all run fine, but none of my cameras work. If I jumper the pig tail everything still works great. I have run a test light to all the pins, even though I already knew it had power because the lights are working. Im dumbfounded and of course Haloview has no phone number and won’t respond to emails. Has anyone run into this problem, or know what I’m doing wrong because I’m certain it is something simple.
    It may have been addressed in a post here, but wanted to offer my two cents on the Haloview. In order for mine to work, I need to have my fog lamps on. This includes the rear and side cameras. I am quite sure there is a reason, but never cared all that much since I typically ride with my fogs on anyway.

Paul

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast