User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Rick View Post
    I'm looking into a folding tonneau cover that is not blocking my F-350's back window when towing. While our RV is parked, I'd like it to cover the bed with "relatively good" security when were driving just the truck. Some companies say that their covers are secure with locking tailgates. Thank you
    You might want to consider the Retrax Pro rolling cover. It can be locked in any position. I pull mine right up against the hitch when traveling. Helps keep some of the bed dry. It securely locks when fully covering the bed. Top is aluminum slats.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ditto on the Backflip. The section near the cab stays down. An added benefit is it hides my auxiliary tank.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jerry,
    I ordered the BakFlip F1 during their Labor Day sale. Thanks for the tip.
    Rick

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only time the BakFlip or other fold-up will be an issue is if the truck leans one direction and the 5th wheel leans the opposite direction when you are turning. 5th wheel nose can come in contact with the bed cover. Ask me how I know!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20220404_161847-1.jpg  
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Captain. I'm not surprised as sometimes the clearance between the 5th wheel overhang and the truck bed's sides and tailgate get way too close for my comfort. I hope your having better weather in KY than the west is getting. Terribly hot - a record number of 100+ degrees days in August. Plus it's been a bad wildfire season. -Rick

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Rick View Post
    I'm looking into a folding tonneau cover that is not blocking my F-350's back window when towing. While our RV is parked, I'd like it to cover the bed with "relatively good" security when were driving just the truck. Some companies say that their covers are secure with locking tailgates. Thank you
    I purchased the Truxedo soft cover roll-up and have been happy withn it.
    Brad & Jeanette
    2020 Solitude 373FB
    2016 F350 Super Duty Lariat 4x4 DRW 6.7 Power Stroke V8 Crew Cab BW Companion 3300 Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went with the GatorTrax retractable. Cover locks at any point along the track; we out it all the way forward when towing. It locks with a key, and with the tailgate locked, the entire truck bed is locked. It lets me leave several things, including a small air compressor, in the bed of the truck without having to move them for security reasons. Been very pleased with it.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Longshhm View Post
    We went with the GatorTrax retractable. Cover locks at any point along the track; we out it all the way forward when towing. It locks with a key, and with the tailgate locked, the entire truck bed is locked. It lets me leave several things, including a small air compressor, in the bed of the truck without having to move them for security reasons. Been very pleased with it.
    So folks know this is a rebranded Retrax - so compare pricing. Retrax also makes some of the OEM Ford options, but I saved about $600 going direct. Good product either way.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2019 F350, 8 foot bed and have been using use the Bakflip cover for over 3 years. I fold it over to the last section, not all the way up against the window, when towing. More that enough room to manuever my trailer with a goose neck hitch. By leaving the last section down, gives me room to store my generator, compressor and tools under some cover in weather. Plus the Backflip is rugged enough to secure everything in the bed of the truck when not towing. Highly recommend.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    I have a Bakflip F1. https://bakflip.com/p/bakflip-f1-ton...ord/f350/2020/

Originally installed on my 2017 F350, moved to my 2019 F350, now it’s on my 2020F-350 and if my 2022 F350 ever arrives it will go on it.

It’s 4 sections on the short bed F-350. When towing I fold up 3 sections.

The F1 of Fiberglass Reinforced Polymer, which makes it dent resistant vs a aluminum top. I hear that Linex sells a rebranded version with a Linex coating and lifetime warranty.
    Same here. Have had short and long bed models. Both dont have to be folded completely up to hook up.

Quality product.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast