User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DRV has also been bought out by Thor. The quality has gone down since too.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our final decision was between an Alliance Paradigm and a Grand Design Solitude. We picked the Solitude because we really liked the frameless windows. Other than that, it was a coin flip.
    2021 Solitude 380FL-R
    Ram 3500 MegaCab SB DRW

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had two Northwood (Arctic Fox) 5th wheels prior to our Solitude. Had to change a water pump on one of them. That's it, no trim falling off, siide problems etc....blew a Goodyear tire on one of them. Good solid units.
    They make their own frames. They are heavy. Moved away from them as their floor plans were not to our liking when we bought the GD.
    Don't know if the quality is the same since Nash has died.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    If we ever had to replace our Solitude 5th wheel and we couldn't find another Solitude (probably not likely) that we liked, the only other 5th wheel MFG we would consider is Alliance.
    I would never consider an Alliance......our friends bought one and the black and grey water labels were reversed ! Oh the humanity !

Actually they are very happy with the Alliance, besides the mis labeled dump valves they had an in inverter problem. They are currently on a cross country trip with no other issues.
    Last edited by avf100; 09-29-2022 at 04:05 PM.
    People keep telling me to follow my dreams...so I went back to bed

2019 303rls
    2017 GMC 2500hd ccsb 2wd 6.0 gas
    Andersen ultimate rail mount hitch

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    It appears both of the Fenech brothers (cofounders of GD) have become partners/owners with 2 key ex GD employees in the newly forming Brinkley RV company. First reports I read we they were going to the small rv market.. Just recently found out that Micha has been traveling with his family in the prototype 5th wheel getting feedback in the field from random RV owners... This may bear watching closely.

Other than that I agree with Steve about considering Alliance
    Just found this article. I agree, worth watching.
    https://rvbusiness.com/brinkley-rv-u...eel-prototype/
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked into the options of Alliance, water shut off valves at all major appliances, 7000# Dexter axles, 4000# springs, G rated tires, optional disk brakes, MORryde suspension parts, HD shackles, and as said color coded and numbered electrical wiring harness. All things owners want. However I don't like the idea of the Rota-Flex pin box.

I also read through the above info on Brinkley. It sounds good, their focus is on the customer, not surprising for the people leading this new RV manufacturer. Selecting certain dealers where their units will be sold, all that sounds great. That's the same idea these founders instilled in GD and Alliance since they are some of the same people involved.

Dealership Service Dept is the sore point for most owners, unfortunately RV manufacturers can't do much about that, its strictly on the backs of the dealerships to improve their service departments.

But the big 3, Thor, Forest River, Winnebago are looking and watching, as soon as a start up gains some sustained market share they get bought.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 09-30-2022 at 06:43 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    But the big 3, Thor, Forest River, Winnebago are looking and watching, as soon as a start up gains some sustained market share they get bought.
    Very true.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A friend of ours loves his Paradigm Alliance and he's not a brand-dedicated kind of guy.
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Steven@147 , what's wrong the roto-flex pin box? Our 399 had the roto-flex and I didnt see any issues, its cushioned and the head pivots forward to aft.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    @Steven@147 , what's wrong the roto-flex pin box? Our 399 had the roto-flex and I didnt see any issues, its cushioned and the head pivots forward to aft.
    I might be wrong but I had read the wings that the Roto-Flex pin box bolts to is not compatible to much else. Like the MORryde pin box can not bolt to the wings if it originally had a Roto-Flex, the wings are different. I like my MORryde pin box and MORryde products in general. I don't want to be locked into just one kind of pin box if I want to change to something else. I don't need my pin box to pivot. Also I like my B&W Companion hitch it pivots just fine fore and aft and side to side.. I could be wrong but I remember reading something about the wings being different if using a Roto-Flex.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast