Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Voltage Drop

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtell View Post
    The surge protector (progressive) is indicating all is well at the pedestal. Voltage 123 both legs. No error readings. I am plugging in my voltmeter at various outlets when the eg..toaster is plugged in and on. Voltage drop at that outlet. Same drop at a coupke of other outlets. Some ooutlets show no drop at all.
    OK. Good - all is well with the power coming in. Thanks for the info. Just be sure that you are looking at the pedestal voltages when all your appliances are plugged in.

So now we assume the issue is inside the RV.

First things first. Did you check and tighten all the 120v connections (at the panel where the power comes in; all the ground lugs; all the circuit breaker lugs), and if you must, all the connections on all the outlets you are having issues with. The outlets use push on type boxes so no lugs there to tighten, but certainly need to be sure the quality Amish workers at GD installed those outlets good.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey @Jerryr, where'd you get that calculator? Googled for calculators but didn't see that one come up. I like that it's clear about the distance being entered is one-way. In others it isn't clear if you should enter the distance based on one direction or both. Would you consider that a good calculator for DC current and stranded wire?
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123