User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick Connect fitting

I am having a very difficult time trying to figure out the outside quick connect fitting on my travel trailer.

This is for a camp stove I want to use.

I bought a 1/4” male NPT full flow low pressure fitting and attached this fitting to the end of the hose on my stove. The male fitting fits into the 1/4” female quick connect fitting but no LP came out. I started looking closer at the female quick connect on my travel and it is high pressure. This doesn’t seem right since the manifold/block it is mounted to is down line from the propane tank regulator. I am not a plumber so my apologies in advance for using the wrong terminology.

Can I replace the female high pressure with a low pressure quick connect? Did GD install the wrong quick connect?

Thanks for any help or guidance you can offer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A3C005C6-17B3-4352-80FA-115EB3663EF4.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	44141
    Last edited by Txdabj1; 12-13-2022 at 04:46 PM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I forgot to add that I have a 2022 Reflection 315 RLTS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Txdabj1, The fitting on the camper is not an air fitting. It is an LP Gas fitting. You need to ensure you are using the proper male fitting. An incorrect fitting may lock into the female fitting but most likely will not allow the gas to flow. The female fitting on the camper is most likely correct. I do not recommend changing it out. Recommend looking on Amazon for a LP gas hose. Mr. Heater makes hoses in various lengths that you can adapt to your stove/grill.

If you are using the proper fittings:
    Ensure the valve on the camper female fitting is in the open position.
    Ensure there is gas in the tank(s) and the tank valve(s) is open.
    Ensure the auto switch-over valve (not sure of the proper name) is pointed towards the known full tank and is indicating green.

One last comment: Place the dust cover/plug back in the female fitting when not in use. Keeps road grime out of the fitting and makes connection easier down the road.

Hope this helps.
    Ken & Tammy
    Union Valley, TX
    2021 GD Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2019 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4x4

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick Connect fitting

Quote Originally Posted by Txdabj1 View Post
    I am having a very difficult time trying to figure out the outside quick connect fitting on my travel trailer.

This is for a camp stove I want to use.

I bought a 1/4” male NPT full flow low pressure fitting and attached this fitting to the end of the hose on my stove. The male fitting fits into the 1/4” female quick connect fitting but no LP came out. I started looking closer at the female quick connect on my travel and it is high pressure. This doesn’t seem right since the manifold/block it is mounted to is down line from the propane tank regulator. I am not a plumber so my apologies in advance for using the wrong terminology.

Can I replace the female high pressure with a low pressure quick connect? Did GD install the wrong quick connect?

Thanks for any help or guidance you can offer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A3C005C6-17B3-4352-80FA-115EB3663EF4.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	44141
    @Txdabj1,

I have the same model reflection as you, this is what I got. @Casa_Woody is correct. You need a 1/4 low pressure lp quick connect fitting. I also got one with a length of hose. It works great.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07W5MCVM9...p_mob_ap_share

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Casa Woody! I definitely did not use air fittings. I bought the fittings from Propane Products.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Bill. I have the 1/4” low pressure fitting and it fits in the female quick connect but no LP comes out.
    The picture I took of the female quick connect is not very good but if you look close it is a high pressure quick connect. That’s what puzzles me since it is regulated by the regulator on the propane tanks.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txdabj1 View Post
    Thanks Bill. I have the 1/4” low pressure fitting and it fits in the female quick connect but no LP comes out.
    The picture I took of the female quick connect is not very good but if you look close it is a high pressure quick connect. That’s what puzzles me since it is regulated by the regulator on the propane tanks.
    The female end, the one on the coach, should have a little lever that you turn 90° in order to slide the collar back. I THINK it is also a gate valve, but not 100% sure, and if so, it needs to be turned back inline with the connector once the nipple is inserted and seated.

Now that I think about it, I don't think this is the case. I'm gonna have to check mine, now.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    The female end, the one on the coach, should have a little lever that you turn 90° in order to slide the collar back. I THINK it is also a gate valve, but not 100% sure, and if so, it needs to be turned back inline with the connector once the nipple is inserted and seated.

Now that I think about it, I don't think this is the case. I'm gonna have to check mine, now.
    On all the propane quick connect fittings I’ve seen on an RV, you can’t slide the collar back without first opening the ball valve.
    Last edited by Bungy; 12-14-2022 at 06:20 AM.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungy View Post
    On all the propane quick connect fittings I’ve seen on an RV, can’t slide the collar back without first opening the ball valve.
    Okay, then you have to close the lever, which opens the valve, for gas to follow. Thanks. I haven't gotten outside yet to check.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark, there is a small lever on the female quick connect. As best I can tell it turns the LP on and off but also acts as a safety feature. You can’t push in the male fitting unless the lever is in the closed position. The lever prevents the collar from being pushed back on the female quick connect.
    After more research, I am beginning to think GD installed a high pressure quick connect instead of a low pressure quick connect.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast