Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lnadine View Post
    Hello,
    I am sure I am overlooking something, but does the 303RLS have an electric heat switch... I see the label for gas heat and one for electric heat, but there is no switch on the panel. ??
    There is an after-market product from RVComfortsystems.com that adds an electric heat option to Atwood and Suburban RV gas furnaces. The kit includes a switch with a "Gas" and "Electric" label, but the labels are on the switch itself.

Can you post a picture of the location of the labels and their surroundings?
    2021 Solitude 380FL-R
    Ram 3500 MegaCab SB DRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lnadine View Post
    Hello,
    I am sure I am overlooking something, but does the 303RLS have an electric heat switch... I see the label for gas heat and one for electric heat, but there is no switch on the panel. ??
    I’m not sure what is being installed on the Reflections now; like someone said, check the build paperwork and manual. Our previous Reflection 295RL had only a gas furnace, along with the electric fireplace.
    We now have a Solitude S-Class. The primary AC also has a heat pump. The heat pump works, but not as well as the gas; if outside temps go into the low 30’s, the heat pump alone can’t keep up. Running the fireplace with it makes a big difference. This winter, during the extreme cold (low teens in SC), we ran the propane furnace. Went through gas quickly, but it got us through til the temps went back up to a more reasonable level.
    As soon as Christmas was past, we packed up and hauled ********** to Florida. Wearing shorts and tees now. 😁

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeririgged223 View Post
    My rig is gas only and we find the electric option is the fireplace which during our recent below zero freeze in Texas kept us at a toasty 68-70 with no problem whatsoever.
    The fireplace does provide an excellent heat source to the living area of the trailer. A word of caution to anyone camping in sub-freesing temperatures; the fireplace will not prevent freezing of water lines in the underbelly of the camper. The furnace has vents that specifically direct heat to the "basement" and should be run when camping in temperatures that could cause water lines to burst.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    The fireplace does provide an excellent heat source to the living area of the trailer. A word of caution to anyone camping in sub-freesing temperatures; the fireplace will not prevent freezing of water lines in the underbelly of the camper. The furnace has vents that specifically direct heat to the "basement" and should be run when camping in temperatures that could cause water lines to burst.
    That's a good point. Alternatively, if you're paying for hydro, you could put a microfurnace/spaceheatrer in the basement and run it on low......assuming you have capacity within your electrical demands.
    Dave & Carol
    Eastern GTA, ON
    2022 Reflection 303RLS Fifth Wheel
    2017 GMC 2500 Crew Cab pick up (6.0 litre Gasser)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12