User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRedmond View Post
    If I put it on the right side, the lateral arms on the Condor only let me open the interior door about 12". Biker Bar lets me clear the door swing with the front wheel/tire.
    You could also flip your entrance door so it opens in the LR. That is what mine was changed to.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    I've never looked that close at them because I've never owned a bike that would work with them. But B&W makes quality stuff, not that far from me over in Kansas. Being able to easily remove the base is a major consideration though, and makes it more practical.
    Its a quality product for sure. I bought multiple bases so I could install in a flatbed trailer as well. Just take the bolts out at the top and use it on the flatbed if wanted. Piece of cake.

I love not having straps all over. I have been all over the USA with my bike in place with zero problems. Initially I was pulling over all the time just to go peek at it and make sure it was still up....lol

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How difficult is it to drop the rear fuel tank on a 351M? i need to get under there, open up the underbelly liner and secure the mounting brackets. Looks to me like there is no way to get under there in the right place without dropping the tank.
    I did it in ours. I did not drop the tanks. I'm 5'7", not huge arms but flexible. And I did it but could not see very well while underneath so installing the plates underneath was almost all by feel. I centered it (only 1 bike) and measured so it lands the front wheel 3" from the forward wall.

Underneath and starting from the front, I detached the underbelly cover to expose the top side of the forward fuel tank. It is not easy to just "roll" the stuff rearward out of the way. Once exposed, I verified nothing critical was in the way. The insulation will be somewhat in the way, I don't remember how bad it was. Then from inside the garage, I drilled the holes. The reflective foil and insulation will get caught in the bit, so try to keep it out of the way. I had my wife stay in the garage while I was underneath holding the plates up. She then snugged the bolt so it would hold the plate up to the floor. I then screwed the plates to the underside of the floor. This is where I mostly could not see. I did measure to make sure I was as square as possible. Lastly, replaced all the underbelly covering.

I too thought about dropping the tank but I decided it was going to be more work for me since I did not have all the jacks, etc, to drop the tank. It was also half full and I had no where to transfer the fuel.

When not using the BikerBar, I adapted rubber plugs to cap the holes. I have used the BikerBar in the 351M many times and it is great. I've used it for thousands of miles on a utility trailer. The bike is very stable and have never worried about it coming loose.
    2019 Momentum 351M, Disc Brakes, Roadmaster Slipper Springs/shocks
    2018 F-450 Ruby Red
    B&W 25K Hitch
    2015 H-D Road Glide CVO / B&W Biker Bar

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GD351M View Post
    Myself and a couple of buddies did that in mine. First dropped the belly cover, we drained the gas tanks, dropped them and used jacks to hold on place. Secured the base unit underneath and made sure that will never come out. Use something more than just the screws they give you. Secure that forever....lol Once done we reinstalled the tanks, reinstalled the belly cover, refilled the tanks and done. Only problem was we kinked one of the gas lines so I couldn't pump gas. Had to drain the tank again and slightly drop the tank to reroute the gas line.

Start with empty gas tanks.....lol

I loved the simplicity of the use of the bar and am installing a new base in my new 376THS. I am hoping the gas tank won't be in the way but if it is at least I know how to handle that though.

Worth the time and effort IMO
    Thanks, that is what I was looking for...

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tamrick View Post
    I did it in ours. I did not drop the tanks. I'm 5'7", not huge arms but flexible. And I did it but could not see very well while underneath so installing the plates underneath was almost all by feel. I centered it (only 1 bike) and measured so it lands the front wheel 3" from the forward wall.

Underneath and starting from the front, I detached the underbelly cover to expose the top side of the forward fuel tank. It is not easy to just "roll" the stuff rearward out of the way. Once exposed, I verified nothing critical was in the way. The insulation will be somewhat in the way, I don't remember how bad it was. Then from inside the garage, I drilled the holes. The reflective foil and insulation will get caught in the bit, so try to keep it out of the way. I had my wife stay in the garage while I was underneath holding the plates up. She then snugged the bolt so it would hold the plate up to the floor. I then screwed the plates to the underside of the floor. This is where I mostly could not see. I did measure to make sure I was as square as possible. Lastly, replaced all the underbelly covering.

I too thought about dropping the tank but I decided it was going to be more work for me since I did not have all the jacks, etc, to drop the tank. It was also half full and I had no where to transfer the fuel.

When not using the BikerBar, I adapted rubber plugs to cap the holes. I have used the BikerBar in the 351M many times and it is great. I've used it for thousands of miles on a utility trailer. The bike is very stable and have never worried about it coming loose.
    Great feedback, thanks. You and GD351M seem to have the underbelly liner below the fuel tank, my tanks are below the underbelly. Appears to only have 4 bolts to drop it. But as both of you indicated, i may be able to open the underbelly and reach up to where the brackets go without dropping the rear tank. It looks like the bottom two brackets will be about mid-point of the rear tank.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great feedback, thanks. You and GD351M seem to have the underbelly liner below the fuel tank, my tanks are below the underbelly. Appears to only have 4 bolts to drop it. But as both of you indicated, i may be able to open the underbelly and reach up to where the brackets go without dropping the rear tank. It looks like the bottom two brackets will be about mid-point of the rear tank.
    My tanks are not in the underbelly. I figured that was for the same reason the propane tanks are not in a sealed area. If there is a leak, it cannot be able accumulate in a sealed area.
    Last edited by huntindog; 01-23-2023 at 05:54 PM.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    My tanks are not in the underbelly. I figured that was for the same reason the propane tanks are not in a sealed area. If there is a leak, it cannot be able accumulate in a sealed area.
    I misunderstood, thanks for the clarification.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I misunderstood, thanks for the clarification.
    Mine either.
    2019 Momentum 351M, Disc Brakes, Roadmaster Slipper Springs/shocks
    2018 F-450 Ruby Red
    B&W 25K Hitch
    2015 H-D Road Glide CVO / B&W Biker Bar

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, that is what I was looking for...
    I think I am not going to have to drop the gas tank in the 376 when I install this. Fingers crossed but I think I am OK. This will be easy compared to the 351

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I placed e-tracks on my garage floor. Used 1”x8 stainless screws every 8” or so. Carpet covers nicely when not hauling. No rip hazard, easy adapting for any mounting needs

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast