User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    Not really necessary because when you close the slide there isn't anything that compresses into that gap. You just have the body panel that hangs down below the bottom of the slide room floor but you will see that it doesn't fit into that channel/gap that we're talking about closing in. You'll be able to see once you start taking a closer look.
    Thank you. Its been cold and I want to first of all stop that coldness coming in as much as possible.

Appreciate you taking the time to post on this. It definitely helped.

Tom

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GD351M View Post
    Thank you. Its been cold and I want to first of all stop that coldness coming in as much as possible.

Appreciate you taking the time to post on this. It definitely helped.

Tom
    I hear you. It's not a very well thought out design IMHO.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear you. It's not a very well thought out design IMHO.
    Have you put skid wheels at the back on the frame of your 376? I am getting mine welded on soon.

I am also thinking of adding some weather stripping in the garage up to the bedroom. I can feel some cold right now. I will never adjust up on the bed as the height is fine for my bike.

Any other issues that you have had to deal with?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you put skid wheels at the back on the frame of your 376? I am getting mine welded on soon.

I am also thinking of adding some weather stripping in the garage up to the bedroom. I can feel some cold right now. I will never adjust up on the bed as the height is fine for my bike.

Any other issues that you have had to deal with?
    Actually I have a different model (23LDE) but we have the same issue regarding the Schwintek systems.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, a little late getting back to the forum, work has been crazy again. I thought the daylight you were noticing was coming from under the slide not beside. I have those drain holes also on each side right in each corner of the slide and wall. If when closing the slide when wet, it is possible the side and top wiper seals will let some water in. That water should make its way to those drain whole. I, like others, simply added some steel wool in the hole to keep the criters out. What ever you use, be sure it can let water out.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, this is nothing new to anyone with Schwintek slides. They say those are drainage holes, but I'll give you the full skinny...

I've never seen an indication of water down in those spaces. In our previous trailer I used brass wool (as opposed to steel wool which rusts when wet) to stuff down there because I was told they were drains. That allows water to drain should there be any, but keeps mice out. But as I said I've never seen an indication that water entered that area so in our new camper I plan to block it off and just keep an eye on it. Now, that takes care of the drain hole that you can see through but that doesn't actually block the full opening which isn't so visible from the top with the slide closed. With the slide extended, go outside look up from under the slide into those corners. You will see that it is still actually open from the outside and above the hole that you might have just filled with brass wool. You can use blocks of foam, Gorilla tape, or other material to close that gap. Again, with the new camper we just picked up, I plan to just fill that space with a block of foam to close it in and not worry about the drainage just keeping an eye on it. Hope some of this helps.
    Yep,use brass wool to insert into the holes if they are not too big.
    Ray & Debbie Giese
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 295RL Fifth Wheel
    2019 Ford F350 Super Duty Crew Cab
    Former Airstream & Diesel Pusher Owner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2019 376th and have no such openings. Don't know how they can say it's a 4 seasons unit if it's got big gaps letting in cold air. If you're seeing large areas of daylight as opposed to a spot of light thru drain holes I'd say whoever told you it's normal is competely full of &^%$
    Last edited by jeririgged223; 01-25-2023 at 09:10 PM.
    Jeri, Honey & Char
    2019 GD Momentum 376th
    2022 Ford F350 Crewcab 4WD SRW Diesel Longbed

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a brand new 2022 376THS and have the Schwintek slides in the front living room. At each lower rail under the couches when extended you can see thru gaps to outside sunlight. They are pretty big gaps and it is that way on both slides which are opposite each other.

So.....GD says this is normal and is installed properly as I sit here with cold air blowing into the LR thru the gaps. Lippert says that the gaps should not be there and the slide seals need replaced. Since GD is the builder they would be the one to provide the solution or the dealer. So......since GD says it is proper to have these gaps I am looking for a solution.

Anybody have any creative ways to close these gaps. I was thinking some kind of insert into the area at the bottom on the outside once the slides are open. Then remove whatever solution there is prior to closing the slides. Maybe some foam based material, those swim noodles cut down to fit, a detachable skirt, stuff rags in there....lol? If it rains I am afraid the foam or rag solution would start to soak up the water and cause other problems.

I do find it interesting that GD and Lippert have different opinions on the gaps being "normal" or not. I refuse to accept the fact that a 4 season 5th wheel has gaps (you could put two fingers thru the gaps) that allow air, bugs, bees, mice, small snakes or whatever to come thru this path with no obstruction at all.

I know you guys are creative so lets hear the ideas.

Thanks in advance

Tom
    I have the same gap problem with my 2022 341RDS since day one. Every time it rains with slide out it leaks. One year and 4 trips later to the dealership 5 hrs away it was determined the slide is not parallel and bottom rails along with seals need to be replaced. Thankfully it was approved through GD since the problem was ongoing during warranty period. I have appointment next month and hopefully it will be fixed. I could have been worse with a bad deaerlship, but mine went to bat for me with GD.
    Mike and LA
    2022 341RDS
    2017 Reflection 297rsts (sold)
    2011 Duramax 2500

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Revis1986 View Post
    I have the same gap problem with my 2022 341RDS since day one. Every time it rains with slide out it leaks. One year and 4 trips later to the dealership 5 hrs away it was determined the slide is not parallel and bottom rails along with seals need to be replaced. Thankfully it was approved through GD since the problem was ongoing during warranty period. I have appointment next month and hopefully it will be fixed. I could have been worse with a bad deaerlship, but mine went to bat for me with GD.
    Hopefully they fixed mine with the silicone on the inside rails. It seems to be stopping the intrusion.

What a pain in the butt!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeririgged223 View Post
    I have a 2019 376th and have no such openings. Don't know how they can say it's a 4 seasons unit if it's got big gaps letting in cold air. If you're seeing large areas of daylight as opposed to a spot of light thru drain holes I'd say whoever told you it's normal is competely full of &^%$
    GD and Lippert have diff opinions on this. I still don't accept the the GD opinion on it but will try to fix it up myself. For now I put some some foam material in there but intend to put some brass wool in there. Doesn't address the air flow but hopefully stops the insects at least.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast