Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WDH choices

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WDH choices

Hi all. New to the group here. If all goes well, we should be picking up our new to us 2021 22mle within the next couple of weeks. It has a weight distribution hitch with it. It looks to me like it's a Camco EAZ LIFT Elite hitch with the extra anti-sway bar on it. I already have a Fastway E2 that I used on a previously on a boat trailer.

For the trip home, I'll probably just stick with what's on the trailer as it will probably require less work on my part to make sure it's adjusted right, but I'm wondering which might be the better unit long term. Thoughts?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are both entry level hitches. There are better if you want to spend money
    What is your TV?
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ford Expedition.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the 22MLE and tow with the Fastway E2 with 800lb bars. Loaded we are under 6000lbs total and under 700lbs on the hitch. Tows just fine behind our Silverado 1500 with the Fastway E2.
    2023 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvestmoon View Post
    We have the 22MLE and tow with the Fastway E2 with 800lb bars. Loaded we are under 6000lbs total and under 700lbs on the hitch. Tows just fine behind our Silverado 1500 with the Fastway E2.
    Good to hear. I am tempted to switch it to my E2 (same weight range as yours) just because I'm more familiar with setting it up, and it actually might take me less time to switch it over rather than do the adjustments to the existing Camco one.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPS350 View Post
    Good to hear. I am tempted to switch it to my E2 (same weight range as yours) just because I'm more familiar with setting it up, and it actually might take me less time to switch it over rather than do the adjustments to the existing Camco one.
    I am using a 4-washer setup on the E2, so suggest starting there.
    2023 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had E2 on our recent TT/Ram 2500 and it worked and towed great.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Husky Center Line, works as advertised but is noisy in slow tight turns. If I had to start over and I'm still entertaining to, I'd go with the Anderson. Real light weight and no noisy friction bars.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all, for the suggestions. I have no plans to buy yet another WDH unless something gives me reason to in the future. I think I've pretty much decided to switch it over to my Fastway when I pick it up, as I'm more familiar with it.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having the ability to back up without worrying about a sway bar is nice. The E-2 is a decent hitch and has built-in sway control. I have an E-4, a bit more costly but made in the US if that's important to you and has a little better sway control because of how the bars are designed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast