User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrcoffeehead View Post
    I placed e-tracks on my garage floor. Used 1”x8 stainless screws every 8” or so. Carpet covers nicely when not hauling. No rip hazard, easy adapting for any mounting needs
    Diff strokes for diff folks. I do not prefer to use straps myself.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So how did you attach your biker-bar?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Havent done it in the new rig yet. I wont have the gas tank in the way though. Took some measurements and all will be good.

I used the same setup in my 351M and it worked great.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GD351M View Post
    Havent done it in the new rig yet. I wont have the gas tank in the way though. Took some measurements and all will be good.

I used the same setup in my 351M and it worked great.
    Should have replied with quote to Mr Coffee Head, not sure how or what e-tracks had to do with a biker bar...

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he was just citing what he uses instead of a biker bar. Just one more way to doing the same thing. More options are always a good thing.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GD351M View Post
    Diff strokes for diff folks. I do not prefer to use straps myself.
    I use a Condor with the e-track. They have e-track connections available.
    Best way to secure the Ultra Limited so it is safe, secure and doesn’t wobble or bump against HER CanAm. Still strap for lateral stability but looking at Knockrz as a more secure option.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally put the Biker Bar in my 351. Emptied as best I could the rear tank, blocked up the front tank for support and placed a floor jack on each side of the rear tank. Disconnected the 3 hoses and ground wire. Took out the mounting bolts from the back tank and lowered it, pulling the tank back back enough to create work space between tanks. Watch out for the level sensor wire. Plenty of extra wire but it was tucked into the cross member.

The Biker Bar mount location happened to be just above the cross member between the tanks, would have been better a couple inches behind the cross member. Measured the location of the bolts and cut circular holes in the coroplast. Installed 6" round marine inspection hatches in the coroplast. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...TF8&th=1&psc=1

Made for a really nice closure in the coroplast and big enough to get the BB backing plate through and work under behind the coroplast. Buttoned it back up, took about 3 hours taking my time.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the information. Looked at the Biker Bar again at Sturgis and am definitely intrigued. If they had one for her Can Am it would be a done deal.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just curious why you would need one for a three wheeler? We use one strap and a couple of chocks for Peggy's Spyder, nothing bolted to the floor.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Just curious why you would need one for a three wheeler? We use one strap and a couple of chocks for Peggy's Spyder, nothing bolted to the floor.
    Ease. We use one over the tire strap on the front to control any movement in case of a sudden breaking need and a ratchet strap thru the rear to prevent lateral movement. Knees and back make that a difficult task. A Biker Bar would make for much easier loading AND allow me to remove the e-tracks. Did talk to the Biker Bar people and they said there isn’t enough demand to get a return on the design/manufacturing costs. I can dream. ��**♂️

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast