User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone purchased the OEM Tire Linc system (GD Part# 450149) recently?

Have anyone recently purchased the OEM Tire Linc system (GD Part# 450149) from their local dealership? When I first read about this item, the price was estimated at between $110 - $140, which seemed reasonable for the parts required to "finish" the system's installation. I received a quote from my local dealer for this GD part and was quoted $354 plus shipping. I understand everything has gone up, but this seems excessive, considering It can purchase the retail system kit directly from Lippert for $314 (it does not include the alert unit).

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No reason for a price increase
    I would check with other dealers

Likely just the dealership

I went with a “tire tracker@ unit instead
    199 with lifetime warranty. It hasn’t changed price in years
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Likely just the dealership
    Are there any Grand Design dealerships with a strong internet presence we can order parts through?

I know in the Ford community, several great dealerships beat the tar out of other dealerships on OEM part pricing and provide amazing customer service at the same time. I bought my extended Ford warranty that way for thousands less than my local dealer wanted.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BernieG View Post
    Are there any Grand Design dealerships with a strong internet presence we can order parts through?

I know in the Ford community, several great dealerships beat the tar out of other dealerships on OEM part pricing and provide amazing customer service at the same time. I bought my extended Ford warranty that way for thousands less than my local dealer wanted.
    Perhaps @huntr70 can give you a quote
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BernieG View Post
    Have anyone recently purchased the OEM Tire Linc system (GD Part# 450149) from their local dealership? When I first read about this item, the price was estimated at between $110 - $140, which seemed reasonable for the parts required to "finish" the system's installation. I received a quote from my local dealer for this GD part and was quoted $354 plus shipping. I understand everything has gone up, but this seems excessive, considering It can purchase the retail system kit directly from Lippert for $314 (it does not include the alert unit).
    I just removed my Tire Linc system from my new Reflection and would make you a great deal on it if you are interested. Just PM message me. I decided I would rather have my camper tire pressures synced directly to my truck for monitoring.
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We get $296.99 plus 6% sales tax for the kit without the mount.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just purchased a 2023 Grand Design 310gk which came with the lippert TPS system. I have been using an EEZ tpms system with my previous Winnebago Destination and have decided to keep using the EEZ system. The main reason is the lippert system only allows sensor tracking for the RV and I cannot add or connect to the truck TPMS Sensors. I find that for most RVers, they would probably appreciate having Tire sensors for both the truck and trailer. My EEZ system has work well for me and saved me by quickly detecting a trailer tire blowout and allowing me to minimize any further damage by quickly pulling over. The functionality is pretty standard (Tire pressure, Tire Temp, with Min and Max for each, audible alert and simple cab display). The lippert approach just seems too expensive for the same functionality and appears not to support the two vehicles. The EEZ system has great sensor distance range (I had a 41 foot 5th wheel) without the need for a repeater.

Just my humble opinion.