User Tag List

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Yes I feel for the OP as well since some rich people decided to derail it with advice not asked for
    Now I think you need to define rich. Is that anyone with a financial plan / budget who spends within that plan?

I think the op opened the door when they mentioned a 20 year 8% note on a top of the line 37' trailer when they said: "I appreciate anyone sharing whatever they feel comfortable with." I think they got a lot of good advice.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPS350 View Post
    Now I think you need to define rich. Is that anyone with a financial plan / budget who spends within that plan?

I think the op opened the door when they mentioned a 20 year 8% note on a top of the line 37' trailer when they said: "I appreciate anyone sharing whatever they feel comfortable with." I think they got a lot of good advice.
    In the context of this thread “rich” would be the ones saying you should pay cash and anything else is foolish
    Btw imo the OP was not looking for that type of advice
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I disagree. Most got their money by opportunity not available today
    A person could be a multi millionaire just by buying land decades ago or opening up a small business. Can’t do that now
    Now it's getting really derailed All I can say about that is that you make your own opportunities. All 3 of my kids started their working life much better off than I started mine. Sure, things cost more, but the younger generation has an opportunity to make way more than I did when I started even with inflation factored in. That said, there are definitely segments of the population that have historically gotten the shaft and still are on the opportunity front. That's not right, but we won't fix that on an rv forum.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I disagree. Most got their money by opportunity not available today
    A person could be a multi millionaire just by buying land decades ago or opening up a small business. Can’t do that now
    sure you can. as long as the earths population keeps growing, land prices will too. there is only so much land. there are down sides though. the initial investment, property taxes, and a small risk of a disaster ie; a forest fire on wooded lots,etc.

small businesses can and are being started every day. most will fail, but that has always been the case IOW many things are out of peoples control. how a person spends their discretionary income is the one thing most people can control.
    i just read in the WSJ today that a once a day starbucks habit will reduce a persons net worth by 250,000.00 over 40 years, ciggeretes are even worse
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Estimate Monthly Payments for 2023 Reflection 315rlts TT

Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    sure you can. as long as the earths population keeps growing, land prices will too. there is only so much land. there are down sides though. the initial investment, property taxes, and a small risk of a disaster ie; a forest fire on wooded lots,etc.

small businesses can and are being started every day. most will fail, but that has always been the case IOW many things are out of peoples control. how a person spends their discretionary income is the one thing most people can control.
    i just read in the WSJ today that a once a day starbucks habit will reduce a persons net worth by 250,000.00 over 40 years, ciggeretes are even worse
    In my area you could buy 1000 acres of farmland just 20 years ago for what 100 cost now
    Sorry but things are not even close to being the same
    Inheritance is another way many got their money

I will say this again. If it wasn’t for those that took out loans for trailers and boats the companies wouldn’t be there for those with 100k sitting in the bank
    Last edited by NB Canada; 03-06-2023 at 12:26 PM.
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those type of loans have always been 240 months. Nothing new

Like I said above if it wasn’t for the people who take out these loans the rv and boat companies would not exist
    Interesting.
    Dave & Carol
    Eastern GTA, ON
    2022 Reflection 303RLS Fifth Wheel
    2017 GMC 2500 Crew Cab pick up (6.0 litre Gasser)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't imagine what the world would look like without the ability to take out a loan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In our situation, we opted to finance, yes for 20 yrs at whatever the actual payment is? We planned on paying three times the actual payment amount to get the principle down as fast as we can possibly afford. Who knows what it will be worth when it is finally paid off, but at this stage of our life: kids grown & gone and home paid off, this is what works best for us so that we can travel and explore while we're still young and able enough to do so. We made this decision knowing that when we retire, our income will not be what it is today and those opportunities may be more limited as prices for everything continue to rise. And heck, right now our RV loan interest rate is less than what the current home mortgage rates are.

I think the decision is very much an individual one. This site is a place where GD owners, new and old, should be accepted no matter where they are in their journey to get information and great advise from those who've trod this journey longer than they have. I think we do need to be careful though to answer their questions when they have them and try not to come across as judgmental because their path may be different than the one we chose.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are financed as well. It’s a pymt that is in the budget and for what we gain in memories I don’t care what it costs. It’s either the kids having fun and breaking things or the Mrs trying to help me park….memories!!!

Some great info and advice here but let’s face it, we aren’t all cut from the same cloth. That’s a good thing.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitexc View Post
    We are financed as well. It’s a pymt that is in the budget and for what we gain in memories I don’t care what it costs. It’s either the kids having fun and breaking things or the Mrs trying to help me park….memories!!!

Some great info and advice here but let’s face it, we aren’t all cut from the same cloth. That’s a good thing.
    Very well said
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast