User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you think you’ll use it frequently, or care about country of origin, check out harryepstein.com, or google HJE tools. They have a few brands of USA made at very competitive pricing for the quality of the tool. In-line with non-sale priced Craftsman. I’ve been very happy with the Central torque wrenches, but some of the Wright and SK stuff they now have might be in my toolbox soon.

Otherwise everything mentioned here works. If only checking RV lug nuts, I would probably go HF and then if it gets lost/dropped, nbd.
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to be a Snapon dealer so I kept a 1/2 battery operated digital one I took in for trade (have no money in it) when a guy upgraded to the torque angle style. This one beeps and vibrates at the dialed in torque. I always remove the batteries when I'm done using it and it has a pretty good storage box. It's a beast. (goes up the 300 Ft LBS) If you can find one in a pawnshop (or in the sale bin on a truck) you can always send it in for calibration (they will send you a UPS label) and they'll rebuild it as needed as part of the service fee.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL born 7/2019 Anderson hitch
    2007 Tundra 5.7 with tow package and RAS
    Both retired - still have our S&B
    US Army vet (Air Cav baby!) Gulf war combat veteran

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Pick up a 1/2" drive from Harbor Freight. They also have one that has 4 pre-set torque: https://www.harborfreight.com/12-in-...nch-58628.html. Personally I like the longer 24" wrench, but those have gotten pretty high in price from when I bought mine.
    I just bought one of those Harbor Freight T/W with the 4 presets. It works well for the trailer and truck. I also checked the accuracy with my good T/W and it’s very close. Good enough to keep in the truck without having to tote my good T/W with me on trips.
    2022 GMC Sierra Crew Cab SLT 2500 Standard Bed Duramax SRW
    2023 Grand Design Reflection 150 270BN

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bricknhank View Post
    I just bought one of those Harbor Freight T/W with the 4 presets. It works well for the trailer and truck. I also checked the accuracy with my good T/W and it’s very close. Good enough to keep in the truck without having to tote my good T/W with me on trips.
    Thank you for posting that info. I was looking at one of those to keep with the truck/trailer, but decided to just take the one I have rather than buy another one. Nice to know that it works well. Do you use it with a deep well socket?
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Thank you for posting that info. I was looking at one of those to keep with the truck/trailer, but decided to just take the one I have rather than buy another one. Nice to know that it works well. Do you use it with a deep well socket?
    I do use a deep well socket but the wrench does have a built-in offset of a few inches so you may be able to get by without a deep well
    2022 GMC Sierra Crew Cab SLT 2500 Standard Bed Duramax SRW
    2023 Grand Design Reflection 150 270BN

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    X2 on Harbor freight.
    2023 Rockwood Signature 2442 BS
    2022 Ram 3500 Longhorn Limited , 6.7 CTD, 4x4

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought this one from Harbor Freight about a dozen years ago.
    https://www.harborfreight.com/12-in-...nch-63882.html
    Recently, I stopped a Snap-On truck and asked to check the torque with their box just inside the side door. I set my HF wrench on 90FtLb and it tested at 91 FtLb then I set it at 35 FtLb and it tested at 36.5 FtLb.
    Nuff Said!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by COGrandDes View Post
    Snap-On tools are awesome but pricey for the home user. I came from GM and GM dealerships and have a shop full of them but would not justify the cost for home use although the quality is outstanding!

I have a Kobalt 1/2" drive from Lowes and like it for torquing wheels and such. It's got a long handle which provides plenty of leverage for the lug nuts. It comes in a plastic case for protection and is around $99 typically. The torque range is from 50-250 ft lbs.
    I bought the Kobalt at Lowe’s also and it does a great job for items like lug nuts, etc. You just have to remember to reset the torque to “0” when you’re finished so that it doesn’t mess up the calibration. I was in the diesel engine business and we had a tool to check the calibration. Also, if you don’t already have it, get a 1/2” breaker bar. I’ve seen guys use their torque wrench instead of using a breaker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    I trust Project farm he does hundreds of unbiased reviews of products. Great channel

https://youtu.be/HP4uECoH8cc
    Ditto. I purchased the HF Quinn 1/2 wrench. Love it.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a torque wrench that was the absolute best kind - free. Unfortunately, either someone else decided they needed it or I put it in a safe place. At any rate, I needed one, so went to the Tractor Supply store and bought the only one they had. Used it once so far. Seems okay.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast