Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leak from underbelly- rear, dripping down gray tank elbow

Good morning!

Looking for some help or ideas on why I’m having a leak that is coming down the 90 deg. elbow of my rear gray tank drain line. Woke up this morning to a steady drip. I tried to pull the screws on the underbelly cover, but I can’t pull down too far since they sprayed the expanding foam around the PVC so I can’t move without breaking. Water seems to be localized to that area and hasn’t traveled. Maybe dropping down? We are currently camping and I have the rear tank valve open. I shot some water up the line to see if there was as a potential blockage with waist water just sitting but that wasn’t the case. Any ideas? I already had a leak on my from freshwater tank where the clamp wasn’t tight at all and was slowly leaking. Guess I may just be taking it back again for some warranty work. I’ve attached a couple pictures of the location. Still trying to get a video uploaded. Thanks in advance!

Side note…out of the 10 months we’ve owned our trailer, it has been in for warranty issues 4 out of the 10 months. Replaced the side pillars, water leak on fresh tank, bathroom fan motor issue, new refrigerator, new kitchen faucet and document roof bubbling. I’m trying to stay optimistic, but this has been a rough start to owning a 5’er when I was convinced I was getting a great brand with Grand Design.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FC7CC014-A478-47A3-BDEA-15BD8BDA8C21.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	45567[ATTACH=CONFIG]45568
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 34D24239-4828-4108-9F2E-E62E157B161B.jpg  
    Thanks,
    Peter Snyder
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 278BH 5’er
    2020 Ram 2500 Laramie Cummins 6.7 4x4

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leak from underbelly- rear, dripping down gray tank elbow

Grand design is no better than any other at all. Quite frankly my Jayco had 1 issue in 7 years and my Imagine has had many in 2 years
    But in all fairness Grand design didn’t build many of the things you said have failed.

If it were me I would just fix it myself. Perhaps instead of taking down the underbelly just cut out an area where it is leaking. Fix and reseal

Good luck
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Grand design is no better than any other at all. Quite frankly my Jayco had 1 issue in 7 years and my Imagine has had many in 2 years
    But in all fairness Grand design didn’t build many of the things you said have failed.

If it were me I would just fix it myself. Perhaps instead of taking down the underbelly just cut out an area where it is leaking. Fix and reseal

Good luck
    Yeah unfortunately I’ve already been the battle with GD about whose responsibility it is. Water gets muddy when so many product companies are involved. But I personally do feel GD needs to look at some of the companies they are partnering with to ensure the preservation of their household name. But I understand the quality of things is on the decline and they don’t make things like they use to.

I’m going to open up the underbelly cover when I get home today. Have more tools to make the job go quicker. Water leaking is clear and I was able to track the water coming across the trailer (between the tank and the underbelly cover). Water is dripping pretty steady so I’m guessing it’s coming from source where there is pressure from city water being hooked up.
    Thanks,
    Peter Snyder

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck
    There is no telling how many manufacturers are involved in the vehicle I own. But, when I take back to the company's representative, the dealership, it gets fixed with no excuses or finger finger pointing. Why should Grand Design, the one who choose to use the third party's product, not be responsible for the end product they sell?
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    There is no telling how many manufacturers are involved in the vehicle I own. But, when I take back to the company's representative, the dealership, it gets fixed with no excuses or finger finger pointing. Why should Grand Design, the one who choose to use the third party's product, not be responsible for the end product they sell?
    Where did I say they shouldn’t be responsible?

I was referring to the ops comment of his lowered opinion of his trailer and GD because of the failures
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did I say they shouldnÂ’t be responsible?

I was referring to the ops comment of his lowered opinion of his trailer and GD because of the failures
    Regardless I did get all the items fixed minus the roof through warranty and the dealership. My point is just being frustrated to spend all this money getting into a trailer and then immediately going back and forth to the dealership within the first 10 months of ownership. But regardless, it will get fixed. Also why I purchased the extended service plan. I did a lot or research before buying and ultimately why I went with GD. So I just had a high standard for GD going in and when experiencing this stuff so quickly when going by the book on setup, etc., it becomes frustrating. I do love our trailer for its functionality for my family. Guess owning a trailer is like owning a boat 🤣.

With regards to the leak issuesÂ…seems to only leak when hooked to city water line. So IÂ’m guessing it isnÂ’t the rear grey tank. Maybe water lines to the kitchen sink since that would be the closest water source.
    Thanks,
    Peter Snyder