User Tag List

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Want This Truck NOW !!!! This is Incredible !!!!

Check out the New Ford F150...

This thing has torque out the ying yang and can pull over a Million pounds !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=bXFHgoon7lg

There may be hope for Ford Yet!!!

My only question is when can I get one?

Honestly, I want to go Electric ASAP !!!

The World deserves an Electric F150 !!!
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And it can go 1500 yards on a charge while towing!!! [emoji2957]

J/k...[emoji23]. This is seriously cool, but I question the practicality of an all electric truck under load. Realistically, I think we're another 10+ years from a tow vehicle that can replace a gas/diesel truck. But for grocery getter duty, which is what most half tons do, electric could make a lot of sense.

Time will tell. It's definitely going to be interesting to see it all develop.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    2015 Chevy 1500 5.3L LT-Z71 Double Cab Standard Bed
    Roadmaster Active Suspension Kit
    Tekonsha Prodigy P3 Trailer Brake Controller
    Equalizer 1k/10k hitch w/sway bracket jackets
    2019 Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind of off subject, but not totally. Electric motorcycles are are slowly developing too and I have absolutely ZERO (inside pun if you know motorcycles very well) interest in them. When or if, the day ever comes where you have readily available charging stations; as many as available gas stations presently....AND...you could recharge one in about 5 minutes, it might be an option. I love the sound of a nice deep exhaust note though, and that will not likely carry over from gas to electric....unless it is electronically generated via a speaker! Just not the same though, so I'll just stay old school as long as I can
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    ...and I have absolutely ZERO (inside pun if you know motorcycles very well) interest in them.
    With apologies to the OP as I realize I'm going a bit OT...

MCN has an article this month on the new ZERO and the reviewer lamented he went a whopping 21 miles and had to turn around or run out of juice. He said the ride, though, was incredible. I'd sure like to test ride one!
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just another meaningless PR stunt...like the Tundra pulling the space shuttle. What is the payload? Range? What can it stop? You can find videos of weight lifters pulling a 747 too (by themselves), those are all heavy masses on well maintained rolling wheels on a perfectly level surface. The only thing the truck is doing is overcoming the law of inertia. Note they were going 4 miles per hour, could the truck continue to accelerate past that or was that tapped out on the torque?

It IS cool that electric vehicles are maturing and some day they will be pretty great for many use cases, but this just doesn't impress me terribly much (and it has nothing do with brands, I am not a fanboy of any one brand).
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heck with the truck. I want to know where they got he tow strap that handles a million pounds. What's that you say? The truck is not actually pulling a million pounds. Whoda thunk? That was 5:44 of my life I want back. At least they didn't dub in the voices like the chevy commercials.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J&G garage View Post
    Heck with the truck. I want to know where they got he tow strap that handles a million pounds. What's that you say? The truck is not actually pulling a million pounds. Whoda thunk? That was 5:44 of my life I want back. At least they didn't dub in the voices like the chevy commercials.
    Thank you!!! I just got done watching and thought the same thing!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    2015 Chevy 1500 5.3L LT-Z71 Double Cab Standard Bed
    Roadmaster Active Suspension Kit
    Tekonsha Prodigy P3 Trailer Brake Controller
    Equalizer 1k/10k hitch w/sway bracket jackets
    2019 Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ran into a Telsa user and my questons was how can you travel accross the country with a electic car? It was interesting answer, she showed me her build in GPS and ploted a route from Tuscon AZ to Kansas City KS and it idenified all the free electric charging stations along the route. Each station showed the amount reserve charge and how long it would take to charge the car to make to the next charging station which may not full charge. I guess the key word here was FREE.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will be a while before an electric truck as a heavy tow vehicle will be practical. But as a pickup to haul stuff in the bed it would make great sense.

I’ve owned a fully electric car for over 4 years. They are incredible. My current Nissan Leaf Plus has a range of 225 miles. It’s quiet, nimble and a joy to drive. Charging at home only costs 2.5 cents per mile at local electrical rate. It costs me about $3 to drive the 125 mile trip to our remote cabin. Nissan also had a No Charge To Charge for 2 years. I can do a 30 minute “quick” charge for free at multiple commercial charge stations if we go on a road trip.

In 4 years of electric vehicle ownership the TOTAL maintenance cost was $15 for wiper blade inserts and windshield washer fluid.

Check out my license plate.

Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
    I ran into a Telsa user and my questons was how can you travel accross the country with a electic car? It was interesting answer, she showed me her build in GPS and ploted a route from Tuscon AZ to Kansas City KS and it idenified all the free electric charging stations along the route. Each station showed the amount reserve charge and how long it would take to charge the car to make to the next charging station which may not full charge. I guess the key word here was FREE.
    Sorry @SolarPoweredRV but like a lot of others here I'll apologize for taking your thread off-topic and then do it!

@CWSWine I know someone who has done such a trip, in one of the earlier Teslas with less capacity than the newer ones. He went from Toronto to the opening of the Tesla Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada, in 2016 and then out to California, up the coast, and back across Canada.

He's cagey about how much time he spent recharging. The Tesla Supercharger stations that are well-sprinkled across North America will charge a car to about 85% capacity in fifteen minutes... not too bad (and they're free for most Tesla owners). But those stations aren't (or weren't three years ago) everywhere, especially across central Canada, so he would have been spending a LOT of time finding hotels where he could plug in overnight as well as seeking out other charging opportunities in remote areas. The car can help find many of these.

The Tesla is a GIANT leap ahead of (AFAIK) all other electric vehicles in terms of range, but it still requires more attention and patience from long-distance travelers and I agree with someone else above who suggests that electric trucks for heavy hauling are not going to take over for a while.
    Last edited by boyscout; 07-23-2019 at 10:40 AM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast