Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

350G, Goosebox, F350 bed rail clearance

Good evening all -
    Two weeks to delivery of new 350G with goose box. I really like the quality of the B&W goose ball and the handle but it is a little taller than the Reese that the dealer is trying to get me to go with. If anyone has a late model F350, my is a 2021, with the Goosebox I would be curious about the installation bolt holes used on the goose box, type of ball, how level the trailer is and what sort of rail clearance you ended up with.

Thanks for any feedback.

Lee

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rlh1951 View Post
    Good evening all -
    Two weeks to delivery of new 350G with goose box. I really like the quality of the B&W goose ball and the handle but it is a little taller than the Reese that the dealer is trying to get me to go with. If anyone has a late model F350, my is a 2021, with the Goosebox I would be curious about the installation bolt holes used on the goose box, type of ball, how level the trailer is and what sort of rail clearance you ended up with.

Thanks for any feedback.

Lee
    I highly recommend the B&W Goose Ball, the handle is fantastic.

I have the 2019 F350 Dually and installing the Goosebox using the same holes that the OEM Pinbox used worked out perfectly for me.

If the Dealer is installing the Goosebox for you, they should have your truck and B&W Goose Ball to ensure proper rail clearance during installation.

If you are going to install the Goosebox yourself, do not torque down the bolts until you check your rail clearance. You can tighten them, just don't torque them down until you are comfortable with the rail height.

The only reason I can think of that the Dealer wants you to go with the Reese Ball is that they get a commission on the sale. Otherwise, it should make no difference to them which Goose Ball you choose.

PS: I think you will like the GooseBox, I know we Love ours!
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m looking at replacing the Ford dealership provided ball puck system with the B&W extended height ball for my 2019 factory bed puck system to get a little more bed/trailer clearance. Has anyone had problems with the fit of the shank of the B&W ball in the Ford puck receiver?

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeb Ogburn View Post
    I’m looking at replacing the Ford dealership provided ball puck system with the B&W extended height ball for my 2019 factory bed puck system to get a little more bed/trailer clearance. Has anyone had problems with the fit of the shank of the B&W ball in the Ford puck receiver?
    Nope !!

Love the GooseBox and the B&W Goose Ball !!!!!!

The combination leaves me a nice 7 inches clearance on my 2019 F350 (Dually) bed rails.

PS: I really like the handle on the B&W Ball.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK