Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vertical Slider?

Hello All. Mostly just venting here. We pick up our 260RD on Thursday and I'm still worried about the clearance between the tailgate and the RV's overhang. I have an 8 foot bed Ram 2500 and getting 6" clearance will be hard. I know it's just a matter of time before they hit. Ouch! I come from the Class C world so that wasn't much of a problem in the past. My question is; horizontal sliders take care of hitting the cab, is it possible to have a vertical slider that adjusts to steep hills and bumps? Beats me how to do it but I would think with hydraulics and leveling system built into the hitch it could be done. Like I said, mostly just venting.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdux999 View Post
    Hello All. Mostly just venting here. We pick up our 260RD on Thursday and I'm still worried about the clearance between the tailgate and the RV's overhang. I have an 8 foot bed Ram 2500 and getting 6" clearance will be hard. I know it's just a matter of time before they hit. Ouch! I come from the Class C world so that wasn't much of a problem in the past. My question is; horizontal sliders take care of hitting the cab, is it possible to have a vertical slider that adjusts to steep hills and bumps? Beats me how to do it but I would think with hydraulics and leveling system built into the hitch it could be done. Like I said, mostly just venting.
    With your probable pin weight being close to 1500lbs (15% of probable loaded GVW weight) and having the 3/4 ton Ram you should not have a problem as I suspect your Ram is going to squat more than you think. Try for 7" clear. Now over at IRV2 there was a post I read of a guy using a slider on a long bed to help with bed rail contact on his steep drive. While I cant picture it he said with the slider back he could go op is drive without issue, but if in the normal position he was touching his bed rails.

Hope this helps
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar