Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: TV Operation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TV Operation

I’ve purchased a 2015 grand design with a Haier TV. I’m having some issues with setting the TV up as well as the DVDT project. Can someone point me in the right direction with regards to the proper operation of the system. Thanks, Dan

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope this helps, general directions. For the tv antenna should just connect a coax cable from the tv antenna connection to the antenna connection on tv. There should be a button next to it which is a booster (turn on for tv use), when pressed it will light up a red led. For the DVD there might be a red, white and yellow set of cables next to the antenna connection. This should connect to the color coded connections on DVD to same colored coded connecitons on tv.

For antenna TV usage you will need go into tv setup menu and figure out how to do a search for channels. This will need to be done every different site you go to. Once the search it done you can just use the remote to go from channel to channel.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano36447 View Post
    I’ve purchased a 2015 grand design with a Haier TV. I’m having some issues with setting the TV up as well as the DVDT project. Can someone point me in the right direction with regards to the proper operation of the system. Thanks, Dan
    Hi, welcome. Just to expand on @TXkmpr's advice, the "booster" he's talking about is a dark wall plate - much like a light switch plate - somewhere near the TV with a couple of cable connectors on it. There is a REALLY tiny hard-to-see button on the plate. If pushed in, a red or green LED on the booster plate should light up, and you'll be ready to watch TV. If pushed again the button should pop out, LED goes off, and you'd be ready to watch cable TV service connected to the Cable input somewhere accessible on the outside of your trailer.

I've never heard of a Haier TV, but as @TXkmpr says the next step is to get the TV to scan for whatever channels it can "see" from the antenna in your current location. The system will "remember" those channels until you move to a different location, where you'll re-scan to get the channels available there.

Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch