User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We just bought our first RV 2600rb

After being retired for the past 14 years my lovely wife and I decided to begin camping. Crazy I know. I am 70 (but really active) and she is 69 (really active). We bought a used GD 2016 Imagine 2600rb. We did a lot of research and liked the company and really like this model and floor plan. The folks that had it before us hardly ever used it.

Right now I am trying to update the tires, batteries etc. It is all org. and before we venture out we want to make sure we have done what is needed.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas we are all ears. We have so much to learn. And we are excited about joining this forum too.

I do have a question, should I replace the wheel bearings or just repack them? I am leaning towards rebuilding and also doing a brake job too.

Thanks for any and all input.

Tom and Kathy
    North Ga.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bob 1.jpg   Bob.jpg  

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats, better late than never to get started. 2016 is a good choice, I feel the earlier GDs had less issues based on reading other people's experiences here.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on your purchase! We love ours. I don't mean to rain on your parade, but there might be some suspension upgrades in your future. I see that you have 5 lug wheels. This almost guarantees that you have 1750lb springs and 3500lb axles, together with ST205/75R15 tires. All of these parts were incorporated in later builds (during the 2019 model year) with 2200lb springs, 4400lb axles, and 6 lug hubs/wheels with ST225/75R15 tires. Your trailer appears to be sitting pretty, though. There should be at least 3 1/2 to 4 inches of clearance (as a general rule) between the top of the tires and the trailer.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Friend and thanks for info regarding springs/axles. I guess I will have to wait see once it is loaded and how it handles over the road.

We are new and have much to learn. Our unit was only used a few times, the owners just kept at their home in case they needed more space for company. I am going to replace the tires tomorrow and add another battery too. I plan on replacing the wheels bearings and brakes too.

Tom and Kathy
    North Ga Couple
    Dodge Ram 1500
    GD 2600 rb
    one dog, Sadie

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice looking rig. Welcome from just south of Atlanta. We like to camp at Ga. mountain Fair Grounds not far from you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20210730_195540984.jpg   IMG_20210730_195412890.jpg  
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes that is a great campground and extra nice if you are into fishing. Which we are. This time of the year their is plenty of room too. Maybe we will run into you guys there. We love that place.
    North Ga Couple
    Dodge Ram 1500
    GD 2600 rb
    one dog, Sadie

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the find, a slightly used 2600RB is rare. I agree with @AZMike, the 2600RB was seriously under-engineered with respect to suspension. GDRV made the upgrade due to bent axles and other reasons. The GVWR is the same with the heavier suspension. As you are already into new tires and plan on bearings, brakes and adding battery weight I suggest you travel light. Scale the rig and verify you are well under the GVWR and you will be OK. Maybe in a few years when tires are once again needed, the whole suspension could be upgraded including EZ lift style shackles and wet bolts. Enjoy the new rig.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suspension

Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    Congrats on the find, a slightly used 2600RB is rare. I agree with @AZMike, the 2600RB was seriously under-engineered with respect to suspension. GDRV made the upgrade due to bent axles and other reasons. The GVWR is the same with the heavier suspension. As you are already into new tires and plan on bearings, brakes and adding battery weight I suggest you travel light. Scale the rig and verify you are well under the GVWR and you will be OK. Maybe in a few years when tires are once again needed, the whole suspension could be upgraded including EZ lift style shackles and wet bolts. Enjoy the new rig.
    Thanks so much for you tips and I will need to work on this for sure. Where do I go to buy the EZ Lift Shackles and wet bolts?
    Thanks again.

Tom and Kathy
    North Ga Couple
    Dodge Ram 1500
    GD 2600 rb
    one dog, Sadie

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tips and you are right I need to upgrade my suspension for sure. Where would I go to buy the EZ Lift Shackles and Wet Bolts?

Thanks
    Tom and Kahty
    North Ga Couple
    Dodge Ram 1500
    GD 2600 rb
    one dog, Sadie

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While there may be cheaper sites, perhaps, there aren't any that are any better with support for RV'ers and their issues: https://www.etrailer.com/. This is where I got my EZ-Flex parts and wet bolt kit.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast