User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Reflection 150 owner from WA state

Hello everyone,

My names is Mike, and wife and I purchased a 2022 Reflection 260RD. We're avid campers and are upgrading from a 2007 Fleetwood Evolution 2 off road tent trailer. We were shopping the small 5th market when I came across the Grand Designs. We settled on the 260RD due to its overall length and weight. Even though my tow rig is a 2016 F350 PS, we just didn't want anything bigger then 30-32ft. We still like to boondock camp.

Anyhow, we've already taken it out for it's initial trial trip, no issues yet. We're planning on another short trip this weekend.

Hope to learn a lot from the long timers as well as contributing when I can.
    -Mike C-
    2016 F350 PS CCSB// 2022 GD 260RD

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome to the group

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike437 View Post
    Hello everyone,

My names is Mike, and wife and I purchased a 2022 Reflection 260RD. We're avid campers and are upgrading from a 2007 Fleetwood Evolution 2 off road tent trailer. We were shopping the small 5th market when I came across the Grand Designs. We settled on the 260RD due to its overall length and weight. Even though my tow rig is a 2016 F350 PS, we just didn't want anything bigger then 30-32ft. We still like to boondock camp.

Anyhow, we've already taken it out for it's initial trial trip, no issues yet. We're planning on another short trip this weekend.

Hope to learn a lot from the long timers as well as contributing when I can.
    Congrats Mike. We are also new GD owners from Wa. Picked ours up in October. Enjoy
    Where in Washington?
    Dennis
    Dennis & Sharon
    2019 GMC 2500HD Denali
    2006 Crossroads Cruiser - retired
    2022 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome to the forum.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DandS-303 View Post
    Congrats Mike. We are also new GD owners from Wa. Picked ours up in October. Enjoy
    Where in Washington?
    Dennis
    We located down in SW Washington, along the Columbia River. In West Longview.

We tend to camp in the Gifford Pinchot forest. How about yourself? We're always looking at new places to go, especially now with the new 5th wheel.
    -Mike C-

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We located down in SW Washington, along the Columbia River. In West Longview.

We tend to camp in the Gifford Pinchot forest. How about yourself? We're always looking at new places to go, especially now with the new 5th wheel.
    Hey Mike, we are just south of you in Ridgefield. We have also done quite a bit of camping in the Gifford. Not so much of late because of the larger trailers. We traded a 32' and now have a 33'. We like the Tacoma Light Parks on Riffe Lake at Mossy Rock, Taidnapam Park at upper end of Riffe and Alder Lake up by Eatonville north of Morton.
    We purchased at the new location in Woodland. You maybe as well.
    Enjoy your new RV. Maybe we will run across each other sometime.
    Dennis
    Dennis & Sharon
    2019 GMC 2500HD Denali
    2022 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dennis,

Yes we did purchase our 260RD at the Woodland Lazydays.

We'll have to look into those campgrounds you mentioned. Our go to, lower lewis river campground says it'll hold up to 36ft. We have a trip planned this spring, so we'll find out..lol. I'm more worried about height clearance than length.

So far we've only taken the new 5th wheel to Vista Park in Skamokawa. About 45 mins from home. Right on the Columbia and at this time of year, we're normally completely alone.

Heading out this weekend as well. Loving it so far.
    -Mike C-

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dennis,

Yes we did purchase our 260RD at the Woodland Lazydays.

We'll have to look into those campgrounds you mentioned. Our go to, lower lewis river campground says it'll hold up to 36ft. We have a trip planned this spring, so we'll find out..lol. I'm more worried about height clearance than length.

So far we've only taken the new 5th wheel to Vista Park in Skamokawa. About 45 mins from home. Right on the Columbia and at this time of year, we're normally completely alone.

Heading out this weekend as well. Loving it so far.
    Mike, we have stayed at Skamokawa before but has been a while. Height is something to keep track of for sure. We had our previous 5th wheel for 16yrs and at year 15 I tangled with a low tree and tore the roof membrane and took off the bathroom vent but no body damage. Was not a good afternoon. Our new one is a foot taller so more to watch out for.
    Enjoy your new digs. GD seems to be a good product and we were very happy with the dealer during the purchase. Stay safe
    Dennis
    Dennis & Sharon
    2019 GMC 2500HD Denali
    2022 Reflection 303RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forums Mike. I also have a 260RD ('21) and we love it and I am sure you will too. We have had ours for just shy of a year and are very happy with the trailer.
    Bobby K.
    2021 Reflection 150 260RD
    2016 Ram 2500 CTD
    Central Maryland