User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can always unbolt them from the brackets and secure them on the frame with tie down straps until you get up the hill. There is well enough line to do that without damaging hydraulics. Its only 6 bolts. But torque is pretty high- like 125 or so. Depending on the model of your stabilizer. The specs are all on the LCI website.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will look up the specs. I looked at my bolts. There is only 4 bolts. 3 bolts on one side and 1
    bolt on one side. Which doesn't seem right to me.
    Retired US Navy
    2020 F250 XLT 7.3
    2021 Reflection 260RD
    Pullrite 2600

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGazaway View Post
    I will look up the specs. I looked at my bolts. There is only 4 bolts. 3 bolts on one side and 1
    bolt on one side. Which doesn't seem right to me.
    It's OK. My 26BH came set up the same way. It has to do with having access to the bolt holes. They put bolts in what they could get to. I'm not at all worried about it. The jack is supporting a static load. Nothing is going to move while the trailer is in place and if you hit something hard enough to tear the jack off, the number of bolts holding it in place will be the least of your worries.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your correct.
    Retired US Navy
    2020 F250 XLT 7.3
    2021 Reflection 260RD
    Pullrite 2600

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdux999 View Post
    Hello. If you go to the Facebook group for Grand Design Reflection 260, you'll find a number of posts from folks who have cut 3" off their rear stabilizers. Most of them did it themselves; a few had it done at body shops. They all claim that this fix works great. You just have to use blocks under your rear jacks when lowering them so that you don't get a Phase error.
    jdux999- Can you post the "how" of these posts? The group you mention is a private group and unless I join another GD group I cannot see the posts you mention. I have considered cutting my posts, but would like to pull center shaft out and cut both a couple of inches. I have already changed tires and rims to raise the trailer another inch off the ground. I want to do more BLM camping in the near future and this Lippert setup will not work.
    2016 29RS
    2008 2500 Chevy Duramax Diesel CC LTZ
    Prev 5er 2010 Outback 321FRL
    1994 Chevy 6.5TD 2500 ext Cab
    25ft Coachman Catalina TT
    Skamper Pop UP
    Various tents
    ALL great memories:D

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I do cut the post I will share. It will be awhile though, I think I am going to wait for the warranty to expire before cutting the post. I am planning on using a hand band saw to cut the post.
    Retired US Navy
    2020 F250 XLT 7.3
    2021 Reflection 260RD
    Pullrite 2600

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lfytsmith View Post
    jdux999- Can you post the "how" of these posts? The group you mention is a private group and unless I join another GD group I cannot see the posts you mention. I have considered cutting my posts, but would like to pull center shaft out and cut both a couple of inches. I have already changed tires and rims to raise the trailer another inch off the ground. I want to do more BLM camping in the near future and this Lippert setup will not work.
    Here is the post from the GRAND DESIGN REFLECTION 260RD Facebook group. This is a really worthwhile group to belong to.
    "Today, on the left jack I cut 3 1/2” off the outer and inner tubes and 2 1/2” off the center shaft. I’m aware that from now on we will have to crib the rear jacks that 3 1/2” but we picked up so much clearance. We took a lot of pictures with measurements before I started and will take more pictures after I do the other side next week. I did a lot of research about these legs before I took it apart - ultimately if was really simple. I took the motor off the top and disassembled the jack, then used a grinder to remove the extra part of the mounting plate and cut the center shaft and took my time with a hacksaw to cut the tubes. Had to drill new holes in the inner leg for the foot pad and used a panhead bolt with nylock nut for the guide for the inner tube. Also, before I started I made sure the battery switch was off - when I put it all back together and cribbed the 3 1/2” the auto level worked perfectly."

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdux999 View Post
    Here is the post from the GRAND DESIGN REFLECTION 260RD Facebook group. This is a really worthwhile group to belong to.
    "Today, on the left jack I cut 3 1/2” off the outer and inner tubes and 2 1/2” off the center shaft. I’m aware that from now on we will have to crib the rear jacks that 3 1/2” but we picked up so much clearance. We took a lot of pictures with measurements before I started and will take more pictures after I do the other side next week. I did a lot of research about these legs before I took it apart - ultimately if was really simple. I took the motor off the top and disassembled the jack, then used a grinder to remove the extra part of the mounting plate and cut the center shaft and took my time with a hacksaw to cut the tubes. Had to drill new holes in the inner leg for the foot pad and used a panhead bolt with nylock nut for the guide for the inner tube. Also, before I started I made sure the battery switch was off - when I put it all back together and cribbed the 3 1/2” the auto level worked perfectly."
    Jduxx999,
    Thank for posting this information. I can get 2.5 inches by just cutting of inner tube flush with the outer tube. I didn't even know there was a middle tube. I wonder if a can get drawings of jacks. I am think I can cut the inner tubes without even taking off the jacks.
    Retired US Navy
    2020 F250 XLT 7.3
    2021 Reflection 260RD
    Pullrite 2600

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be careful with Nylocks. I've used them extensively in my marine business and can tell you they tend to work loose under vibration. I've gotten away from using them almost completely in lieu of flat and lock washers. I'm not saying don't use them, just be vigilant with periodic inspection. Personally, I would add lock washers and forget it.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only use nylocks on light stuff. Sometimes I will also add another nut.
    Retired US Navy
    2020 F250 XLT 7.3
    2021 Reflection 260RD
    Pullrite 2600

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast