User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought a 21 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW last year. I love it. I feel the interior is the best of the bunch. Items I liked about Ford are the larger back seat (Ram has the mega cab), and the 3" receiver hitch. As to the 450, better turning for sure, but the 3500 is not that bad. As to brakes, yes they are bigger, but the Ram has such a good exhaust brake that I see that as a non issue.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021 Ram 3500 DRW.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	39173
    2021 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW Air-ride
    B&W 25k Companion puck system
    2012 Forest River Cardinal 3550RL
    39 months to retirement, WE WILL GET THERE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the 2021 GMC Denali 3500 DRW last summer. I LOVE IT! Had to get used to the size and because I bought it a bit sooner than expected, I use it as a daily driver until July of this year. Quiet, powerful, and the cameras see everything! Good luck on your search
    2022 376THS-R w/B&W Companion 25K puck hitch
    MORryde 3 axle 7K IS w/disk brakes
    2021 GMC 3500 Denali DRW
    2014 HD CVO Limited

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a Ford F450 King Ranch and it does well for any activity.

Recommend ordering verses buy of the lot as there can be a $10,000 to $30,000 addendum addon to the MRSP verses straight or discounted MSRP when ordering.

Also, be prepared to wait at least 7- 9 months for the order to be shipped.
    2020 Solitude 380FL
    2022 F450 King Ranch DRW
    US Submarine Veteran
    USS Queenfish SSN 651

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteley RV View Post
    We have a Ford F450 King Ranch and it does well for any activity.

Recommend ordering verses buy of the lot as there can be a $10,000 to $30,000 addendum addon to the MRSP verses straight or discounted MSRP when ordering.

Also, be prepared to wait at least 7- 9 months for the order to be shipped.
    Yep, I’m almost 2 months into my wait. ☹️
    One dealer near me was MSRP, another MSRP + $10k, so I bought from Granger Ford in Iowa for 2% under invoice, but will prob wait longer. Those guys were busy….
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couple of years ago I had the same question. I took for road test different tracks and read a lot of posts on different forums. Ford is a good workhorse and recommended for heavy work for relatively short trips, Chevrolet is almost the same, RAM is good, but,sorry, is not reliable, so I bought GMC which is more reliable and comfortable for long trips. Everyone loves their tracks, so this is purely my opinion. Good luck

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Truck dilemma PapaBear

Quote Originally Posted by Dreammakers View Post
    I'm about to buy my first 395MS. I researched best trucks. Came down to GMC Sierra 3500HD, Silverado 3500HD and F-450.
    Any experience, suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

v/r
    Dreammakers
    M
    My wife and I purchased a 2015 Denali GMC 3500 HD I installed a Trailer Saver and hitch for the fifth wheel goes without saying it was a diesel what a wonderful vehicle great ride I Tow-solitude 375RES that’s 42 foot long all over the country even in the mountains no problem going up or down hill that air break is a real Saver we love it just got off the road sold it for what I paid for it and it’s got 96,000 miles on it it runs like new
    I looked at the new ones at that time 2018 and they were wonderful but I paid 52,000 for this instead of 84,000 for that but the new new ones have some really great features the cameras and some other things but all of them are really nice the sierra 3500 same thing to Great machine did not like the Ford as well it rolled rougher and I was higher for us to get out we’re over 60 makes a big difference does it make any difference in towing whatsoever it is a beast papas beast

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex0853 View Post
    Couple of years ago I had the same question. I took for road test different tracks and read a lot of posts on different forums. Ford is a good workhorse and recommended for heavy work for relatively short trips, Chevrolet is almost the same, RAM is good, but,sorry, is not reliable, so I bought GMC which is more reliable and comfortable for long trips. Everyone loves their tracks, so this is purely my opinion. Good luck
    Funny thing here. I had a 2015 Chevy that I had all kinds of problems with and my 2019 has been problem free.

Thought on brakes. If you have disc brakes on your 395 (which you should) brakes on any of the 3 manufacturers will be fine.

I really like my Ram 3500 HO with the 4:10 rear end. The torque and power is unbelievable. I will say when towing 20,000# at 65 to 70 mph it will use 2 1/2 gal of DEF in 1000 miles. Unloaded the DEF last forever.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, it's splitting hairs with the exception of the F450, since it's, well, a 450 and the others aren't!

Otherwise, the current model 3500 DRWs are all very similar and will do what you need them to do.
    Pro tip on GMC/Chevy - go one level down on trim package. The Denali and High Country are very nice, but that's a $10K package over the Chevy LTZ (that I have), for example. You can even load up the lower trim levels (Chevy LT) with everything you want/need, if you don't care about the chrome packages.

IMO, must have: 5th wheel prep, cameras, lane & parking assist. FYI, if you choose Chevy/GMC - the chip shortage is affecting some of those options, make sure to ask the dealer if they've fixed that issue yet.

Get what's comfortable and available, you really can't go wrong with any of the late model trucks - they are all beasts and very well built in their own rights, IMO.
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12