User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Texas.Yankee View Post
    Last National Rally was pretty good for a volunteer based event. And I get the wagon masters are volunteers... but this "you'll use Facebook and like it or else" attitude is a bunch of BS. There are legitimate reasons to NOT use Facebook personally and professionally (many full time jobs firewall social media). The rally is to for GD owners with an opportunity to be involved in something within the GD community...

There hasn't been a post on the official GDRV National Rally website page in 3 months. So...

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    The GD national Rally does not use Facebook for registration. Eventbrite is what's been used in the past. Unfortunately most rallies don't have their own web page but you can get the dates and contact info on GDs websites .

The reason for no updates for the national is that there is nothing to update at this time. No registration date has been set as far as I know. I am one of many that volunteer for the national rally and have since rally 1.. which actually came to be by discussion here on this forum. I am also a non facebook user.
    As there are updates for the national rally I will post it here in the sticky post at the top of this section for the 2022 rally as soon as I get any notification. . But for those interested , do sign up for the website updates thru the link in that post.

To use Facebook or not seems to bring emotional responses so please everyone, respect each others choices and dont say things that us moderators will have to clean up later.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Folks, this has become a circular conversation. We all get that there are other methods of information communication. Let’s be civil here and continue to respect each other.

Bill
    I have to agree with @Redapple63. It's time to move on.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadeo6472 View Post
    Yep people have a full time job. Lots of people do, and you prove my point. Why use FB at all if you also put the same info here? Are you REALLY putting the same info here? Or only the minimum required. Do I have to use FB to register, particpate or get detailed information? Because that's not cool.

FB is one of the most likely things to be blocked from an employer, or anyone else who practices good IT security... So many who use corporate or government provided IT, who want to take a break at lunch and see what's going on with a GD event, they can't, because it's blocked.

So while it may be "easy" for a wagon master to continue to post on Facebook, they won't be spreading any information about GD events to many of us who want to participate. Because we can't.

Do you understand?

Stop using FB to get information out.
    If you read my post...I clearly said that it is your choice to not use face book and I get it. I also said that I am posting for my event on this forum.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow.... this continues to rage on... so I'll add my 2 cents.....

Having attended rallies for various manufacturers, and organized private rallies, and having organized/conducted private caravans myself....

I can't understand why a company like GD puts the onus of preparing, organizing, and conducting rallies on private individuals (volunteers). To me that's just laziness or some way to prevent any liability on their part while reaping all the benefits of profiting from the event. That's just shameful IMO. They really need to step up to the plate and do the heavy lifting.

Or am I missing something?
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    wow.... this continues to rage on... so I'll add my 2 cents.....

Having attended rallies for various manufacturers, and organized private rallies, and having organized/conducted private caravans myself....

I can't understand why a company like GD puts the onus of preparing, organizing, and conducting rallies on private individuals (volunteers). To me that's just laziness or some way to prevent any liability on their part while reaping all the benefits of profiting from the event. That's just shameful IMO. They really need to step up to the plate and do the heavy lifting.

Or am I missing something?
    What benefits would Grand Design gain from a rally? They don't charge or collect anything from the wagonmasters. In fact they spend what I can only assume is a lot on supporting the rallies. Techs, support coordinators, swag, catered meal and giveaways.

Sure, it's an attraction, but shouldn't be what any buyer bases their rv purchase on.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Dave & Becky
    Always camping with the K9s. The boys are grown and rarely join us anymore.
    Colorado Springs, CO
    2016 Reflection 313RLTS
    2012 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB 6.7L PSD
    (now retired) Mildly massaged 2002 Ford Excursion 7.3L PSD

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dannysdaddy View Post
    What benefits would Grand Design gain from a rally? They don't charge or collect anything from the wagonmasters. In fact they spend what I can only assume is a lot on supporting the rallies. Techs, support coordinators, swag, catered meal and giveaways.

Sure, it's an attraction, but shouldn't be what any buyer bases their rv purchase on.

Umm,it is a giant PR event where the attendees get a few days of all things Grand Design, making attendees have euphoric, feel good emotions of GD as a company where at the conclusion attendees go forth and spread the gospel to the uninformed.
    You think GD sponsors the National out of good will? Hardly, it’s a business decision that they believe generates repeat or new sales. Why do you think they bring the latest models to showcase ?
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As they say in the marketing biz: "No Ink is Bad Ink".
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I could get someone to bring models to my rally.

Dave & Becky
    Always camping with the K9s. The boys are grown and rarely join us anymore.
    Colorado Springs, CO
    2016 Reflection 313RLTS
    2012 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB 6.7L PSD
    (now retired) Mildly massaged 2002 Ford Excursion 7.3L PSD

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess your not “sponge worthy”(Seinfeld).
    Last edited by minnow101; 03-15-2022 at 05:33 PM.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talk to your rally coordinator. They are your channel to Grand Design and the sales team. It has always been a struggle with my local dealer to bring a unit or two. We changed rally locations for 2022 and are in a different dealer territory. At first they new dealer was minimally participating. Not sure what has changed but now they are wanting to do more for our rally. So reach out to your coordinator.
    Sally & George
    Twisp, WA
    2017 Solitude 369RL (delivery Oct 2016)
    2017 Ford F-450 King Ranch Edition
    2006 Ford F-550
    2021 Rugged Mountain Polar 12SE
    Not all those who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast