User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MCJones View Post
    I am 75 and can get my B&W out with the head coming off first. We have the puck system in my truck and it works great. Best non-slider hitch I have ever used. jmo mark
    I hope I can when I'm 75....I can barely do it alone now...I prefer to get a helper.

But as others have said, it's a great hitch. Solid. Welds look very professional. Very beefy unit. My nephew has some other brand of 25K hitch. One look at mine and he said " Now that's what a hitch should look like...like you can't break it. Not like my pos"
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I literally just got one today for my new F-350 with the puck system. I had a B&W Patriot in my Ram 2500 and it was amazing. Sadly I had to get a new hitch when I switched truck brands. What’s another grand. But the hitch is the best if you want rock solid and reliable. I have heard that the Ram version is heavier than the Ford but it’s worth it to me. I looked at the Curt and Reese (both made in China and more expensive) and bought the American made one instead. Get the B&W and be done with it.
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 278BH (150)
    2022 Ford F-350 Lariat Godzilla SRW
    B&W Companion Ford OEM 20k with Turning Point

2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.4 gas (SOLD)
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 21BHE (SOLD)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ardvark16 View Post
    I literally just got one today for my new F-350 with the puck system. I had a B&W Patriot in my Ram 2500 and it was amazing. Sadly I had to get a new hitch when I switched truck brands. What’s another grand. But the hitch is the best if you want rock solid and reliable. I have heard that the Ram version is heavier than the Ford but it’s worth it to me. I looked at the Curt and Reese (both made in China and more expensive) and bought the American made one instead. Get the B&W and be done with it.
    I have the B&W Companion (25K) for the Ford puck system, and my buddy has the same hitch for the RAM. The Ram mounting hole footprint in the bed of the truck is quite a bit more spread out when compared to the Ford (more compact). The hitch heads however are identical.

I have used it for a year, and it is the only 5th wheel hitch I have used, but my sense is that thing is built like a tank, compared to some other conventional hitches I have personally seen.
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    2021 F350 DRW 4x4 CC XL 176" WB 6.7L PSD

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    I hope I can when I'm 75....I can barely do it alone now...I prefer to get a helper.

But as others have said, it's a great hitch. Solid. Welds look very professional. Very beefy unit. My nephew has some other brand of 25K hitch. One look at mine and he said " Now that's what a hitch should look like...like you can't break it. Not like my pos"

The base on the Fords are a little different than the base for the Rams the feet are wider.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the last one I had on my ram, on the ram I have now it didn't come with the puck system so I had to get a B&W turnover install, when I had this hitch I love it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN3074.jpg   DSCN3072.jpg  
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2021 ram 3500 LB with factory puck system and the B&W companion hitch, have been using it for about a year now. I love the easy operation of the hitch and it’s rock solid yes it’s heavy but it extremely well built the one issue that I have with the new ram is the safety pin can be hard to reach. The height of the bed makes it mor difficult so you will need to place the pin where you can reach it when it is removed. I love the puck system , you will have to adjust for proper fit the first time you mount it but that’s it. The instructions are easy to follow.
    US Air Force Retired
    Mike and Jean Mcloud Oklahoma
    2021 Ram Tradesman 3500 CCLB 4x4 Srw 6.4HEMI
    2021 Reflection 337 RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were very happy with a Companion 25k but with a Solitude and a short bed Ram, I was uncomfortable with the possibility of interference ( loud scrunchy sounds) so I went with the Companion slider. Have a fixed 25k for sale in the upper Midwest if anyone is looking for one 😀

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anderson hitch... They're great! I had one when towing our 36' FW.. I wouldn't use anything else..
    Robob
    2020 GD 22RBE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly this, the base for the Ram is larger so it is considerably heavier than the Ford one. Now that I’m full time the hitch hasn’t been removed for over a year, before my wife and I could easily remove it in two pieces without hurting ourselves

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have owned two B&W hitches. Companion when I had my dually and was full-time. Now a Patriot in my short bed. Both excellent hitches. I also installed a electric hoist from harbor freight to pull them out and install them by myself. I made a fitting also to hook the hoist to. My back feels great when I have to push the button to lift or lower it. [emoji4]
    I lower mine to a roll around dolly and put it in the corner of the garage. There are many hitches out there these two have worked for me. Good luck.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast