Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well here's an update. We took delivery of our new 2600rb and after loading it up we took our first trip to test everything out. We drove 187 miles from home to Shawnee Forest Campground in Vienna, IL. We spent three days there and only found a couple of small issues. Bathroom door was dragging, one of the storage doors has a warp so it's not sealing properly and the awning needs a little adjustment I think. One side does not want to stay up all the way.
    I went back to Bill Thomas and set up an appointment for them to take care of those issues.
    I also didn't like the plugs they use in the low point drain so I installed shut off valves. Oh yea and the bed, we will be searching for a new mattress.
    All in all we are happy with the unit and hope to use it a lot this year since we are both retired. Gas prices may curb some of our plans though, we'll see.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryB View Post
    Oh yea and the bed, we will be searching for a new mattress.
    Yeah, I wish the manufacturers gave the option of “no mattress”. I could sleep on anything when I was 20. Now, not so much…

Congrats on the rig!
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMagelitz View Post
    Yeah, I wish the manufacturers gave the option of “no mattress”. I could sleep on anything when I was 20. Now, not so much…

Congrats on the rig!
    We just added a 2" cool foam topper to our OEM RV queen and IT made a world of difference. Much more tolerable, and keeps the weight down over the bed of the truck on our 5er.

Plus since we use our under bed storage, its still light enough with the OEM mattress and toppper that my wife can get to the storage area herself without having to fight a heavy mattress.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am working on upgrading the Lithium batteries as well. Check out Will Prowse on youtube. He has many excellent videos that taught me everything I need to know.
    2012 Ford Expedition
    2020 Transcend Xplor 247 BH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01803.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	43639
    We traded the 2600rb in for a 341rds. Living full time was just not going to work in 2600rb. We're in Branson MO right now and love this unit. We had the washer and drier installed which makes the wife happy. I ordered the storage slide unit and when it came in it was 4" too wide so had to be re-ordered.
    The last campground we were in only had a 30amp hookup for us. One day it was very overcast so the solar was not producing very much and I saw the battery was discharging. ???? Should the converter still charge the lithium batteries when it's plugged in weather it's plugged in to 30 or 50 amp? Here in Branson we are plugged into to 50amp and it's charging great. Charged by 2 Battle Born Batteries from 29% to almost 100% over night.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it's been awhile since my last visit on here. We ended up trading the 2600RB to a 2022 341rds 5th wheel. We moved into it October 2022 and love it. We spent some time in Alabama then moved to Ocala FL, then back to Alabama, Missouri and are now in Kentucky. We plan to head op to see Noah's Ark and the Creation Museum in about two weeks.
    We've already made our reservation for wintering in Florida this next winter. Nice to be able to take your home with you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12