User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water Pump Problem on New Trailer

We have a new GD Imagine 2600RB. We have a camping trip coming up in a few days so we pulled the trailer out of storage and brought it home to get familiar with things before our first time out. As per the owners manual we proceeded to sanitize the fresh water tank. We mixed up the bleach and water and poured it into the fresh water tank, turned the pump on and NOTHING. We can hear the pump running but but no water coming out of any of the faucets. There’s plenty of water in the fresh water tank.
    What am I missing here?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bricknhank View Post
    We have a new GD Imagine 2600RB. We have a camping trip coming up in a few days so we pulled the trailer out of storage and brought it home to get familiar with things before our first time out. As per the owners manual we proceeded to sanitize the fresh water tank. We mixed up the bleach and water and poured it into the fresh water tank, turned the pump on and NOTHING. We can hear the pump running but but no water coming out of any of the faucets. There’s plenty of water in the fresh water tank.
    What am I missing here?
    On our 22RBE to winterize you change some valves near the pump so it will antifreeze from the gallon jug instead of water from the fresh water tank and pump it throughout the trailer. Have they been switched back to normal? Sounds like something I would forget.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just read that in the manual. We didn’t winterize the trailer (obviously) but I suspect that the valve might still be in the open position (for putting the line in the antifreeze bottle) instead of closed for normal/sanitizing. It looks like I have to remove the three drawers for access which seems strange. It’s getting late so that’s the first thing I’ll try tomorrow morning. Thank you for the suggestion.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not exactly familiar with your model, but there are actually two different areas for correct setting of valves. I assume you do not have a "Nautilus Panel" which Reflections/Momentums have - Identified by several knobs to switch all in the "Docking Station" that has the water inlet. Most Imagines just have a single "city/tank" selector there.

Hot Water - three valves to allow water to completely bypass the heater, so you don't put antifreeze into it. On the back side of the heater, access to which may be in a cabinet that has to have a cover taken off, or drawers taken out.
    Water Pump - one valve, to switch between sucking anitfreeze into the system, and drawing water out of the tank. Likely boxed in behind the Docking Station in the pass through area. On mine, that means 8 screws and taking apart the box.

Your issue would be the pump.

FYI - I routinely run the bleach into the water heater too. Had a few past instances of sulphur smell from the hot water due to bacteria growth, so this takes care of that. When ready to flush the bleach out, I drain the fresh tank using its drain, and the rest of the system using the low points, and to make sure, unscrew the plastic plug on the heater to make sure it is drained. THEN fill the tank with fresh, and pump that through the entire system to rinse. Trying to flush the heater without draining it first can take forever, as incoming fresh will only mix with the bleach water in the tank.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One other tip - when switching from City to Fresh Tank, make sure to first relieve any pressure in the water lines (turn off water, open a faucet). Otherwise common for the pressure to unseat o-rings in the flip valve. Most common issue is then the tank fills all the time, even on city water. Sometimes can be fixed by moving the lever (no pressure) back and forth a few times to reseat them. Or it might require taking everything apart on the back side of the panel to get to the valve to attempt to take it apart or to put a new in.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s a good tip. Thank you

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it was the Winterization Valve. 5 second fix however removing and even more so replacing that large bottom drawer was much more labor intensive. Thank you for the help and suggestions.

Now I just need to figure out what the battery disconnect does. It was off during storage which makes sense however I’m not sure when we are using it (with 110 power and without) what position it should be it.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turn it on whenever using the rv. Off for storage. It must be on to charge the batteries when connected to shore power. And on to keep things working when you are not on shore power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bricknhank View Post
    That’s a good tip. Thank you
    @bricknhank - A few forum tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast