Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Leveling

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leveling

Due to the slope of my driveway i have extended my front jacks pretty far, could this be the reason it won't auto level.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, probably not enough stroke int he jack to let it level.

If you truly need to level it in your driveway, use blocks under the jacks to take up some the room. The system doesn't care if the feet are on blocks or the ground.

You may have to manually level also, if the front end is too far lower than level to begin.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't say what model of RV you have or whether you have an electric or hydraulic leveling system. As @huntr70 said, though, the automatic system won't work if the ground is too unlevel. Blocks under the struts may help - but be very careful of stability.

You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Yes, probably not enough stroke int he jack to let it level.

If you truly need to level it in your driveway, use blocks under the jacks to take up some the room. The system doesn't care if the feet are on blocks or the ground.

You may have to manually level also, if the front end is too far lower than level to begin.
    Than you for your feedback