User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trecakuca View Post
    I didn't actually read this so as to support your assumption. Awaiting your post-Memorial Day report .
    @trecakuca -

It's not clear to whom your comment is directed. It's best if you do one of two things:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by callagp7552 View Post
    I'm sure everyone has moved on but figured pot odds at this point so here is one last update on what I feel is noteworthy:

Etrailer did eventually get me the "new" version which had 1-3/4" springs. The rest of the design is largely the same with the exception of a wearpad vs a roller pin that the top of the spring pushes on. The main slipper box is still designed to fit over a 2" hanger so I ended up adding 2, 1/8" metal shims to either side of the center hanger to fill the space. Kind of a pain to get everything lined up but on well just had to do it once.

To mount the slipper box I drilled 3/8" holes and used some grade 5 bolts instead of the self tapping ones it comes with. Didn't really take any longer to install since you have to drill the pilot holes for the self tappers anyway and I'm certain it's more securely attached now.

I have around 4k miles on the trailer over the course of 2 years and I fully expected to find the nylon bushing had been completely ground up. Every single one was still intact and while showing signs of wear none were as bad as all the videos I've seen.

I was able to reuse the ubolts so I guess I have spares of those since I bought them back in Feb when I initially purchased the everything.

I lifted the entire RV using 2 floor jacks (in front and behind the axles jacking on the frame one side at a time. I originally planed on just lifting one side but I'm confident it was easier to manipulate the axles without one side of the RV resting on them.

Haven't hauled it anywhere yet, just drove around a bit after installing it. Initial observations are that the suspension is stiffer now, guessing due to the springs being new. I'll get a real towing test in next weekend when we head out for Memorial day.

Took just a few pics during the process (https://photos.app.goo.gl/wBUWKkaQK3Xx2wgU7)
    Thanks for the update! I always appreciate when an OP follows up with final status etc. Your timing is great as I just received my RoadMaster 2570 slipper spring kit last week. I'll be installing in the next month or so. I installed the RoadMaster shock system last year and am wishing now that I'd just have done the whole kit at that time...but we all know how that goes. Last year when I replaced spring bushings and added the shocks, I lifted just one side of the trailer at a time. I'm planning to do the same for the slipper kit. I wish I had the luxury of jacking the whole thing like you did, but I don't have that many blocks and jacks. I also used bolts like you did vs the large self-tappers. This is one piece that I never want to come undone....

I've been looking at a trailer-aid to help with changing a flat on the road (hopefully would never need it) but got to thinking that this type of lift may not work with the slipper spring system since there is no equalizer. Do I have that correct?
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL
    2021 RAM 3500 SRW CC Short Box HO Cummins Rear Air Suspension

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roegs01 View Post
    Thanks for the update! I always appreciate when an OP follows up with final status etc. Your timing is great as I just received my RoadMaster 2570 slipper spring kit last week. I'll be installing in the next month or so. I installed the RoadMaster shock system last year and am wishing now that I'd just have done the whole kit at that time...but we all know how that goes. Last year when I replaced spring bushings and added the shocks, I lifted just one side of the trailer at a time. I'm planning to do the same for the slipper kit. I wish I had the luxury of jacking the whole thing like you did, but I don't have that many blocks and jacks. I also used bolts like you did vs the large self-tappers. This is one piece that I never want to come undone....

I've been looking at a trailer-aid to help with changing a flat on the road (hopefully would never need it) but got to thinking that this type of lift may not work with the slipper spring system since there is no equalizer. Do I have that correct?
    Yeah, I don't know if trailer-aid would lift high enough but lift one tire high enough the other will eventually come off the ground.

All it took was 2 jacks and 4 stands. I only have 1/2 of that and borrowed the other set from a friend. If you can scrounge them up I feel it would be worth that effort. Getting everything lined up would have been a pita if I hadn't been able to easily move the axles. That said, I can't say how far out of alignment things might get if one side is still attached. Could be everything stays where it's suppose to. Either way hope it goes smooth for you!
    Pete
    2021 Imagine 2910 BH (Beauty)
    2019 F350 SRW Diesel Crew Cab (Beast)
    Previous TV was 2020 F150 3.5L. Still rocking the ProPride hitch..

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by callagp7552 View Post
    Yeah, I don't know if trailer-aid would lift high enough but lift one tire high enough the other will eventually come off the ground.

All it took was 2 jacks and 4 stands. I only have 1/2 of that and borrowed the other set from a friend. If you can scrounge them up I feel it would be worth that effort. Getting everything lined up would have been a pita if I hadn't been able to easily move the axles. That said, I can't say how far out of alignment things might get if one side is still attached. Could be everything stays where it's suppose to. Either way hope it goes smooth for you!
    I think the cost of an alignment check (and adjustment if needed) is a good investment after that mod. It would probably be less expensive than waiting to see if there is tire wear.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567