User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Easycamper View Post
    I don’t see where the OP asked for opinions on SnapPads, just what size to get.
    "The law of unintended consequences".
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    A 2 x 12 x 8 (which is the size I need for six blocks) is $34.98 at the Home Depot in Aberdeen, MD, where I'll buy my next one. You're right... about twice what I paid for the last one two years ago.

Rob
    i also use the wood. But i found the 12" wood cracks faster due to unlevel ground. So I use now the 10" which seems to last longer .

Just my 2 cents
    2022 Solitude 378mbs-r with 3rd air and solar package, Flux Capacitor pending, Removed Nautilus and replaced with the Bruce Select-A-Matic

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidlm View Post
    Can someone tell me what size snap pad is needed on a 2022 Reflection 150 series 295 RL fifth wheel?
    Thank you!
    9". SnapPad calls them XTRA. Now that I've answered THAT question I won't feel so bad giving my opinion of the SnapPads.

We are "traveling" Full Timers. For the 1st couple of years we didn't have SnapPads. We only had 4 landing jacks back then. Religiously put down wood when we moved to a new site. We would stay from 1 - 7 nights during those 1st years. We bought the SnapPads and haven't had to mess with wood since. I can see that if we stayed put for months in a row that SnapPads might be a waste of money. They aren't BETTER than wood, but they are more CONVENIENT and there are a lot of RV accessories that we buy to make our lives easier. We took the 4 SnapPads off our old rig and put them on our new one (and bought 2 more). I still carry a few pieces of wood, but I've only used them about once a year.
    (Ordered 7/13/20) 2021 Solitude 310GK, FBP, DP, HP, Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes
    Built 9/9/20; To Paint 9/11/20 (5-6 weeks); Done Paint 10/1/20; MORryde axle upgrade 10/5/20; Done at MORryde and paid for 10/8/20; Arrived at Dealer 10/20/20; picked up 11/7/20

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it’s funny people saying “just use wood blocks” as if there’s anyone who doesn’t know about wood blocks, lol.

Yes SnapPads are pricey for what they are. The same was was said about the “Snaps” pins on fifth wheel landing gear legs 15 years ago and now all fifth wheels have them.
    Last edited by Easycamper; 05-28-2022 at 07:22 AM.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Easycamper View Post
    I think it’s funny people saying “just use wood blocks” as if there’s anyone who doesn’t know about wood blocks, lol.

Yes SnapPads are pricey for what they are. The same was was said about the “Snaps” pins on fifth wheel landing gear legs 15 years ago and now all fifth wheels have them.
    IMO, Snap Pads are more convenient for quick over night stays in parking lots/rest areas/etc where just want to take the weight off the TV, take up less TV and trailer cargo space (permanently stored on the feet), and weigh less than a block of treated wood.

Those and my plastic blocks also makes it easy to haul in/out and setup when I'm tired from driving all day. Anything that makes it easier to setup or leave is worth it IMO. Same reason why I installed the auto leveling system on my 5er.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love them

Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    Use this website to find your snap pad.

https://rvsnappad.com/pages/submit-your-rig
    Best product I'm purchased for our GD 310GK
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those that don't mind slinging wood blocks around can save a few bucks and skip the Snap pads. I think they are well worth the few bucks they cost just for the convenience. Funny how priorities differ between folks and when it isn't your priority, you gotta tell everybody how dumb someone else's is. The one I get a kick out of is the solar folks that never dry camp. We travel with a couple like that. They even plug in at home...$2k outlay and they got the idea they had to have it from a forum just like this one. LOL
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapid1 View Post
    Those that don't mind slinging wood blocks around can save a few bucks and skip the Snap pads. I think they are well worth the few bucks they cost just for the convenience. Funny how priorities differ between folks and when it isn't your priority, you gotta tell everybody how dumb someone else's is. The one I get a kick out of is the solar folks that never dry camp. We travel with a couple like that. They even plug in at home...$2k outlay and they got the idea they had to have it from a forum just like this one. LOL
    It's not the convenience for me, it's the softer feeling in the trailer with the pads on the ground vs the hard medal pad on the ground or wooden or plastic blocks.
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasUmpire View Post
    It's not the convenience for me, it's the softer feeling in the trailer with the pads on the ground vs the hard medal pad on the ground or wooden or plastic blocks.
    I would also add, it also keeps the feet from getting ate up (and "help" with rust) from being directly on concrete, rocks, and direct wet surfaces.

Our original OEM landing gear feet were heavily gouged and rusted even after using a plastic pad in just 1 year of use. Had to grind down rough surfaces and repaint when I sold the stock landing gear.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the SnapPads installed a few weeks ago and tried them on three trips so far. Saves bending down to place and adjust wood blocks, although I still have to get down to raise the front jacks.

They do make the rear jacks even closer to the ground. So far not a problem but we’ll see if I lose them on uneven ground.

At CA$45 per pad they don’t seem that expensive to me, as long as they last.
    2022 Reflection 150 278BH
    2023 Silverado 2500HD Gas
    “If you like how it tows, don’t change anything.”

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast