Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is the go to person now to escalate issue if need be

It used to be Bill, Emily? Jerry?

Not getting a warm fuzzy feeling from call to Dometic. Person I spoke with makes it sound like it would only be covered if it is a factory defect (fridge)? Will know more when tek arrives. 4 season my you know!
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark Arpin from Grand Design just states matter of factly, your unit is out of warranty. Is it? Yes. 2 months.

Just frustrated, maybe it will be ok......seems luck of the draw.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim - this response from GDRV to you is surprising and concerning as well.

I am reading a greater number of posts where there seems to be an increasing tilt towards "following the text book" rather than the "attitude and latitude" to do what is necessary (w/i limits, of course) to step out of the box to help folks out. Certainly with the fast and furious growth of which GDRV has experienced, some greater number of less than desirable service situations will happen and I hope this is all it is.

The go above and beyond helpful service approach separated GDRV from most all the other RV manufacturers as a very much appreciated, important, and valued difference. Yes, there are many wonderful service encounters reported on the forum and this supports the top level service we have seen since 2013.

I do not know what prior contacts you have had with GDRV and the results of those encounters. Hopefully (if any) those were positive and this will turn out the same or better as you learn more.

Keep us posted.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While not Being a TT owner yet, it is situations like this that make me hesitant buy a Grand Design vs another brand. (Jayco)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stay tuned.....
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanandKandace View Post
    While not Being a TT owner yet, it is situations like this that make me hesitant buy a Grand Design vs another brand. (Jayco)
    Ask Jayco if they will repair your RV when it's out of warranty. I suspect they would say "no".
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    Ask Jayco if they will repair your RV when it's out of warranty. I suspect they would say "no".
    I agree, but isn’t that what this initial poster is saying about GD....Not honoring an out of warranty issue. Why buy a similar floor plan GD If the service isn’t better. It would absolutely sway me GD direction if that’s the case, but based upon this post, that’s not what I’m hearing. Based upon what I’ve mostly read over and over on this forum GD does step up, but doesn’t seem to be in this case. I hope it’s not a sign of the future with their growth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The refer has a 2 year warranty through Dometic, no matter who the original manufacturer of the coach is.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like the problems lies with Dometic and not GD. That being said, I too have seen GD go above and beyond, based on previous posts I've read. Hopefully GD will get involved and maybe help minimize your out of pocket expense since it is out of warranty.
    The problem I see is that if you're not living full-time in your unit, we will consistently be out of warranty when things go wrong. Again, I'm always hopeful that people and companies will do the right thing and help out when possible...within reason of course. Good luck.
    Vince and Peg
    Kennedy (Bernese Mountain Dog)
    2017 Chevy Suburban Premier Edition w/max tow pkg.
    2018 GD Imagine 2600RB

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    Mark Arpin from Grand Design just states matter of factly, your unit is out of warranty. Is it? Yes. 2 months.

Just frustrated, maybe it will be ok......seems luck of the draw.
    You drew the short straw. I had a similar experience.
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...492#post210492
    Very frustrating but ultimately turned out great. Had to go to the top guy, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast