User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitude 310Gk length

So, the wife and I are looking at a solitude 310 for our future rig. My current RV/boat pad is 36’. In the literature I find I see a length that is a pin length. Does anyone know what the overall length of a solitude is? Thanks
    Sean

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanandKandace View Post
    So, the wife and I are looking at a solitude 310 for our future rig. My current RV/boat pad is 36’. In the literature I find I see a length that is a pin length. Does anyone know what the overall length of a solitude is? Thanks
    Sean

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    From my notes, our 2018 310GK measures 36' 4-3/4" from the most forward part of the nose to the rear bumper. The ladder sticks out a little (6"?) beyond the rear bumper. You are correct the factory (brochure) length is measured from the center of the king pin to the rear bumper.

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 04-12-2020 at 05:11 PM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    From my notes, our 2018 310GK measures 36' 4-3/4" from the most forward part of the nose to the rear bumper. The ladder sticks out a little (6"?) beyond the rear bumper. You are correct the factory (brochure) length is measured from the center of the king pin to the rear bumper.

Chris
    What Chris ^^^ said above. I round mine out to 37-ft. overall from front of the nose to the rear of the ladder. Also, if you need it, the distance between the front landing gear & the rear axle (midline) is approx. 16-ft. This would be the "ground contact" dimensions that will land-on/touch your pad. The distance from the midline of the rear axle to the rear bumper is around 12-ft.4-in. And finally, the distance between the front landing gear and the rear landing gear is just under 20-ft.

Hope this helps! -Diego

2017 Ford F350 DRW 6.7L Custom Ordered
    2018 GD Solitude 310GK
    40,900+Miles
    "Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself." -Potter Stewart

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gran Casita View Post
    What Chris ^^^ said above. I round mine out to 37-ft. overall from front of the nose to the rear of the ladder. Also, if you need it, the distance between the front landing gear & the rear axle (midline) is approx. 16-ft. This would be the "ground contact" dimensions that will land-on/touch your pad. The distance from the midline of the rear axle to the rear bumper is around 12-ft.4-in. And finally, the distance between the front landing gear and the rear landing gear is just under 20-ft.

Hope this helps! -Diego
    Hello Diego. Can you confirm the distance from the center of the rear axle to the rear bumper is around 12-ft.4-in? I have 11' 6" in my notes, but I could easily be wrong. My trailer currently in storage and not convenient to check. I match your other dimensions.

Thank you

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    Hello Diego. Can you confirm the distance from the center of the rear axle to the rear bumper is around 12-ft.4-in? I have 11' 6" in my notes, but I could easily be wrong. My trailer currently in storage and not convenient to check. I match your other dimensions.

Thank you

Chris
    Oooops! Good catch Chris, you are correct! My math was incorrect-the distance you have is correct @ 11-ft.6-in.

And to be more exact, the distance between the front landing gear and the rear landing gear is 19-ft.5-in.

Thanks for catching this! -Diego

2017 Ford F350 DRW 6.7L Custom Ordered
    2018 GD Solitude 310GK
    40,900+Miles
    "Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself." -Potter Stewart

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gran Casita View Post
    Oooops! Good catch Chris, you are correct! My math was incorrect-the distance you have is correct @ 11-ft.6-in.

And to be more exact, the distance between the front landing gear and the rear landing gear is 19-ft.5-in.

Thanks for catching this! -Diego
    Thank you for checking and letting me know.
    Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

310GK-R length

The serial number checks out to be 36 feet on our 310GK-R. Dealer said total living space is 34’11”. The information on serial number is on page 3 of the Solitude 2020 owners manual. The brochure says 34’11”.

Vehicle Identification Number

The unique 17-digit vehicle identification number (VIN) for your RV is stamped on a metal tag permanently attached to the Pin Box. It is also listed on the Federal Certification label.

A breakdown of a typical Grand Design RV VIN is shown in the example below:

F = Fifth Wheel T = Travel Trailer

Length (feet)

Check Digit (calculated)

Manufacturing Plant

Sequential Build #

5 7 3 F S 3 727 L 9 9 0 0 0 01

SAE World Identifier

Model

Number of Axles

Model Year

Plant Line

SAE World Identifier:

573 — Grand Design RV

Make / Model:

S — Solitude M — Momentum R — Reflection E — Imagine T — Transcend

Length:

The number listed falls within a predetermined, specified grouping that does not indicate the actual measured length of your RV.

Model Year:

L — 2020 M — 2021 N — 2022 P — 2023 R — 2024

Introduction

The last 8 digits of the VIN number are also the RV's serial number.

For the example shown, the serial number is L9900001.
    Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R 2020(Gypsy), towing with 2017 Ram diesel DRW automatic transmission (Big Red)