Thread: Retirement

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    Wait a minute! What's the deal with some people saying they are retired...but still working????
    It is like being kind of pregnant..
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at retiring next year. Right now going through the planning and disentanglement process as a gov. employee (YIKES). I know once its done it will get better but the decisions are blowing my mind. Just bought another trailer and TV and the shock from that cost has me wondering if I should still it out one more year so all is paid for. Not sure I can depend on the stellar investment stream I've enjoyed over the next few years based on where Washington is dragging this country.......

For those already retired, Hope to see you on road soon!
    2020 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 Powerstroke SB
    2021 GD Solitude S 2930RL-R (trailer#5)
    Married father of 4 (3 sons 1 daughter) Two Eagle Scouts
    Navy Veteran - InfoSec Examiner/Auditor in the financial industry

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait a minute! What's the deal with some people saying they are retired...but still working????
    I guess because I did retire from a Local Municipality after 30 years, plus the few years beforehand doing stuff. Now I keep a little home/repair business that I did during the last umpteen plus years as an extra money getter. It keeps me active, useful, gives me the extra money to travel and enjoy when and where we want, oh let me not forget about eh extra cash needed for her to keep grandkids spoiled!!!
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I retired March 22, 2019 and as of March 23, 2019, have not regretted it one bit. I still go to lunch with some of the engineers, HR, Safety and Maintenance managers once in a while to keep in touch. I stay active doing all of the things I put off when I was working, plus more that my wife (who has no intention of retiring anytime soon) adds on to my day. We also, when the opportunity permits, walk op the mountain next to our house. I do some woodworking, usually during the winter months, and as much camping in the summer as we can fit in. Also, as Jeff @JFF&KRN says "oh let me not forget about eh extra cash needed for her to keep grandkids spoiled!!!" which is the probably biggest reason my wife still works (and to help support my bad habits).
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know a few people that retired....then went back to work but still claim to be retired.....seems a little grey to me...lol
    BUT....
    When I retired they said they will be calling. I said I will not be working in the summer. They may be able to offer enough money to get me to work in the winter...We'll see.
    I'm liking the clock IBEW Sparky posted up. Might buy one of those. I only know when it is Sunday...because I like watching NHRA, IndyCar and Formula 1.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TSeck954 View Post
    Not sure I can depend on the stellar investment stream I've enjoyed over the next few years based on where Washington is dragging this country.......

For those already retired, Hope to see you on road soon!
    I'm not in the same country as you, but with investing, I've made more $$ with liberal gov'ts than conservative ones. Won't make me a liberal, but it doesn't hurt my pocketbook. Might change where you decide to invest your $$ though.
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    I'm not in the same country as you, but with investing, I've made more $$ with liberal gov'ts than conservative ones. Won't make me a liberal, but it doesn't hurt my pocketbook. Might change where you decide to invest your $$ though.
    As my Finance guy says, "It's not the money you make, it's the money you keep".
    2020 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 Powerstroke SB
    2021 GD Solitude S 2930RL-R (trailer#5)
    Married father of 4 (3 sons 1 daughter) Two Eagle Scouts
    Navy Veteran - InfoSec Examiner/Auditor in the financial industry

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TSeck954 View Post
    Looking at retiring next year. Right now going through the planning and disentanglement process as a gov. employee (YIKES).
    I hear same from the USAF civilians - maybe why some of them are still working into their 90's and motoring around in walkers in the buildings (not a joke - absolute truth). One fellow can't drive and his wife brings him to/from work and remains in the car the entire day waiting for him in the parking lot. That can't be retirement.....

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    I hear same from the USAF civilians - maybe why some of them are still working into their 90's and motoring around in walkers in the buildings (not a joke - absolute truth). One fellow can't drive and his wife brings him to/from work and remains in the car the entire day waiting for him in the parking lot. That can't be retirement.....
    That is just sad.
    When I've seen people well advanced in years still working, I often think to myself, 'I hope they are doing it because they really like their job, not because they HAVE to'.
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    That is just sad.
    When I've seen people well advanced in years still working, I often think to myself, 'I hope they are doing it because they really like their job, not because they HAVE to'.
    I actually know guys who won't retire because they don't want to spend time with their wives. The reverse may also be true.
    Very sad but true:
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast