User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toll Roads

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just did the Disney Fort Wilderness thing a few months ago and drove the toll roads in and out of Florida paying by mail. In all i think it added up to @ 20 $. Got a couple nice pictures of the truck and RV plates. A nit toll cost compared to the cost of staying at Ft Wilderness. The minimal cost for paying the tolls, even by mail, was probably less than the diesel and certainly the heart ache we would have endured avoiding the toll roads.

The only pass we have anymore is our old TxTag just because we used to drive the toll roads around Austin when we lived there. Its good for even the Sam Houston toll road around Houston. The traffic nightmares in Texas, using the toll roads and getting the TxTag made sense back then. My sanity means more to me than who maintains the toll roads.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're going to stray anywhere past Florida the Uni Pass is the way to go. Many positive endorsements on this and other forums and from full time RVers. With 19 states covered you get a discount on what you pay plus the convenience of bypassing toll booths. I believe the toll far outweighs the extra travel to get from point A to point B, in time and fuel costs.
    You only keep a minumum on deposit so it's not like they're sitting on a bunch of money when you're not traveling. Just my 2 cents worth.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Believe me, if there was money to made a U. S. company would operate them.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNFSolitude View Post
    If you're going to stray anywhere past Florida the Uni Pass is the way to go. Many positive endorsements on this and other forums and from full time RVers. With 19 states covered you get a discount on what you pay plus the convenience of bypassing toll booths. I believe the toll far outweighs the extra travel to get from point A to point B, in time and fuel costs.
    You only keep a minumum on deposit so it's not like they're sitting on a bunch of money when you're not traveling. Just my 2 cents worth.
    Timely discussion. In the northeast, tolls are a killer, especially since I have to cross the Hudson at some point. Saw a YT video where the couple had two E-Zpass, one for when the trailer is attached and one when the truck was solo. Seemed like a waste unless there are some savings. I have used E-Zpass daily for commuting the toll costs are discounted.

But what do folks use outside of E-Zpass territory (if anything) which is now 19 states and according to their website good throughout FL since May 28, 2021? Less tolls out west?
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Timely discussion. In the northeast, tolls are a killer, especially since I have to cross the Hudson at some point. Saw a YT video where the couple had two E-Zpass, one for when the trailer is attached and one when the truck was solo. Seemed like a waste unless there are some savings. I have used E-Zpass daily for commuting the toll costs are discounted.

But what do folks use outside of E-Zpass territory (if anything) which is now 19 states and according to their website good throughout FL since May 28, 2021? Less tolls out west?
    I have two E-ZPass, it doesn't cost anything extra to have the second one. Plus it's a time saver I can stay in the at speed lanes and avoid getting in line and paying cash or card. Plus some states are only accepting E-ZPass and there is no toll collectors meaning if you don't have a transponder they bill you for the toll plus an admin fee.
    2021 Reflection 340RDS
    2022 Ram 3500 Big Horn/CCSB//4X4/SRW/HEMI/4:10
    2019 Imagine 2250RK~Sold

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas have their own transponder systems and, last I knew, were not part of EZPass. I have 1 EZPass transponder and use it for the pickup, motorhome and used it with and without trailers and always get billed based on what I am driving.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW9876 View Post
    Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas have their own transponder systems and, last I knew, were not part of EZPass. I have 1 EZPass transponder and use it for the pickup, motorhome and used it with and without trailers and always get billed based on what I am driving.
    Do you associate the motorhome vin with the transponder on the site or are they billing you based upon photos?
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkevinmarshsr View Post
    I have two E-ZPass, it doesn't cost anything extra to have the second one. Plus it's a time saver I can stay in the at speed lanes and avoid getting in line and paying cash or card. Plus some states are only accepting E-ZPass and there is no toll collectors meaning if you don't have a transponder they bill you for the toll plus an admin fee.
    From the NH E-ZPass FAQ:
    "I sometimes pull a camper or trailer with my vehicle. Can I still use my transponder?
    Yes. In this instance the equipment in the lane is designed to identify that your vehicle is pulling a trailer and you will be charged accordingly. However, if you think this will be a regular occurrence, you should call the Customer Service Center and have them send you a transponder programmed for the vehicle classification you use most frequently. You should never use your transponder in a vehicle type other than the one you initially requested (i.e. car transponder in a tractor-trailer)."

This is probably what I'll do since from where I live, I have to go through a gazillion E-Zpass states to get anywhere.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you associate the motorhome vin with the transponder on the site or are they billing you based upon photos?

The plate number is on the account. I got the EZPass through NY states EZ Pass system years ago. I called to ask about using it in the motor home as well as the pickup and they said it was no problem because of the sensors in the roads knowing what I was driving. They need the plate numbers assigned to the account in case the transponder does not get detected by the system correctly then they use the photos to figure out who went through.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Everyone,

I think that we are not going to get any PASSES. It seams as a hassle to set up accounts since we don't travel toll roads often, none at all here in Arkansas. I could use some good pictures of our truck and RV like Steve and Tami. By the way my wife was able to get us a site at For Wilderness for just under $100 a night. She saw it on their website then had to call twice to get it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast