User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Toll Roads

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNFSolitude View Post
    If you're going to stray anywhere past Florida the Uni Pass is the way to go. Many positive endorsements on this and other forums and from full time RVers. With 19 states covered you get a discount on what you pay plus the convenience of bypassing toll booths. I believe the toll far outweighs the extra travel to get from point A to point B, in time and fuel costs.
    You only keep a minumum on deposit so it's not like they're sitting on a bunch of money when you're not traveling. Just my 2 cents worth.
    I took my own advice and yours and purchased the UNI pass transponder last night on Amazon for $14.99. After jumping into this thread I realized I needed the UNI pass because we will be traveling to Niagara Falls soon. Then taking I-90 across to New Hampshire and then down the East coast back to Florida. And thanks to the OP for bringing this up.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OurNewEra View Post
    I took my own advice and yours and purchased the UNI pass transponder last night on Amazon for $14.99. After jumping into this thread I realized I needed the UNI pass because we will be traveling to Niagara Falls soon. Then taking I-90 across to New Hampshire and then down the East coast back to Florida. And thanks to the OP for bringing this up.
    Just choose your routes wisely.
    The New Jersey Turnpike route can be pricey. about 5 years ago I drove my son's pickup with a dual axle flatbed trailer from CT thru NYC to just over the Delaware bridge to pick up one of his customer's cars that broke down(he did that as a favor).
    The round trip was more than $80 in tolls.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jleonard View Post
    Just choose your routes wisely.
    The New Jersey Turnpike route can be pricey. about 5 years ago I drove my son's pickup with a dual axle flatbed trailer from CT thru NYC to just over the Delaware bridge to pick up one of his customer's cars that broke down(he did that as a favor).
    The round trip was more than $80 in tolls.
    Most definitely! Thanks for the heads up. We have been up there a few times to visit our son in Boston. We intentionally avoid the toll roads in the Northeast but sometimes you just end up on one or there really is no other good route. But we steer clear of the major metros like NYC, Newark, DC, Baltimore, etc . . .
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We travel I-75 south from TN to Disney regularly and made trip similar to yours in May 2021. We went from Tennessee to Disney’s Ft. Wilderness to Destin, FL. We have a SunPass transponder but you can also purchase the sticker at most any Florida rest area or Turnpike Service Plaza along the way.
    As far as your route, you’ll simply head across I-10 to I-75 and then ride I-75 south until you reach the Florida Turnpike near Wildwood, FL (south of Ocala), then take FL-429 and get off at Exit 19.
    I would highly recommend the turnpike, it’s the quickest way to reach Lake Buenavista from I-75. The toll costs exactly $8.82 for our truck and rig (4) axles - each direction (coming and going). You’ll save a couple bucks each way with the SunPass and you can bypass the stopped traffic at the toll booths. We’ve found the SunPass works for us, YMMV.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    From the NH E-ZPass FAQ:
    "I sometimes pull a camper or trailer with my vehicle. Can I still use my transponder?
    Yes. In this instance the equipment in the lane is designed to identify that your vehicle is pulling a trailer and you will be charged accordingly. However, if you think this will be a regular occurrence, you should call the Customer Service Center and have them send you a transponder programmed for the vehicle classification you use most frequently. You should never use your transponder in a vehicle type other than the one you initially requested (i.e. car transponder in a tractor-trailer)."

This is probably what I'll do since from where I live, I have to go through a gazillion E-Zpass states to get anywhere.
    On the PA EZPass site it is possible to register your vehicles to the transponder. I have three cars and having the trailer registered makes a second unnecessary. Also since all toll lanes are now camera equipped I don't even need the transponder in the vehicle. Tolls are taken accordingly.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokitect View Post
    We travel I-75 south from TN to Disney regularly and made trip similar to yours in May 2021. We went from Tennessee to Disney’s Ft. Wilderness to Destin, FL. We have a SunPass transponder but you can also purchase the sticker at most any Florida rest area or Turnpike Service Plaza along the way.
    I bought my Sunpass at my local CVS. LOL
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did extensive research a few years ago on which state from which to buy my EZ pass. I ended up getting the NC Quick Pass from North Carolina. Cost less than $10, there is no monthly maintenance fee (unless you don't use it for 24 months), and it works for all states with EZ pass, Sun Pass (FL), and Peach Pass (GA). Working out great for me. IMO, worth it just to avoid the lines in many states.
    Jeff & Sherry
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2019 F150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4,
    HDPP, Max Tow, 6.5, ProPride

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123